Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: September Pickups

Kicking off the opening of the NFL season with my first NFL game worn jersey. Happens to be a guy who went to high school in my hometown and also went to my college alma mater. Accordingly, I've been a fan of his since he was playing in high school. Unwashed 2010 Darren Sproles.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Grabbed a couple Cincinnati Reds items this week...

-Game used Louisville Bats cap and single batting glove worn under fielding glove by Joey Votto while rehabbing with AAA Louisville. He used these items on 9/1/12 and threw them into crowd following game in Columbus

-Game used 2011 Louisville Slugger fielding glove of Reds relief pitcher Jose Arredondo

halofan

Pujols foul ball from 6/16/12 Thanks to forum member Russell

Couple months ago... Picked this up at the Hunt All Star Game Live Auction. 8x Gold Glove winner Frank White 1989 home white jersey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Not a big name player by any means. But my fav college team and a kid from only 30 min away from me. Not to mention my first GU Jersey! Im excited.Name:  nd.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  24.3 KB

I picked up nice 2012 Ryan Hanigan game used ash LVS for my collection. It's just pounded with use with an unreal amount of grain swelling. It has a pretty big doughnut tape job on the handle. I've matched the bat to his 2nd HR of the season (18th career) on July 6.

- CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Mid-late 1960's Alaska Goldpanners flannel summer league jersey. I belive this one was worn from 68-70. I bought it from a local card shop because of the vintage look and found a lot of great history behind the team and jersey. Players like Seaver, Winfield, Kingman, Bonds, Nettles, etc. played for the team.

2011 Jose Valdez & Addison Proszek/2012 Jose Valdez game used home jersey. Very well used, faded, and unwashed from Monday the 3rd when Jose got the save in the last home game of the season. Same material as the undershirts. I never knew they did that.

I hit the jackpot this month with Senior League (SPBA) items. First is an extremely rare Sun City Rays batting helmet, followed by 3 game used jerseys, including one of my all time favorite Cincinnati Reds - Dan Driessen. His is the Ft. Myers Sun Sox jersey. I also picked up an Orlando Juice and St. Petersburg Pelicans jersey.

Yesterday my wife and I went to some of the nearby antique stores. As she was busy with the jewelry, I found one booth with sports related items. After looking at most of the items, I was just about to leave when I saw something on the floor, partially hidden by other stuff on top of it. I was pleasantly surprised to find a game used, 1970's (possibly early 1980's) Philadelphia Phillies equipment bag. It has the Cosby tag stitched on and plastic Cosby zipper tag. It's in beautiful shape. I moved some more stuff around and found another game used Phillies equipment bag - this one being from the mid to late 1980's - early 1990's.

The month isn't even half over yet!