Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Re: August Pickups!!!

Congrats Rick! The Suzuki catching gear that Miranda got for you is cherry! If anyone can say they have the "dirt" on Suzuki's gear it would be you.

I had the pleasure of meeting Rick and his wife earlier this year when Rick was on Oahu for a surgery. The time we spent together went by so quick, and it was easy to see that Rick and Miranda are good people. Really, all of the Hawaii collectors I've met (gameused Bobby, jetersbatboy Scott and his family, zeenuts Nelson, and of course Rick, et al) have been great.

Again, congrats, Rick! One of these days my wife might surprise me with Onan Masaoka's 1999 road jersey. Ha ha.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Congrats Rick! That's some awesome gear! Awesome wife to do that, (not to mention quite the GU collector she is to be able to track it down). You sure she doesn't have a secret GU collection of her own?
    But that's awesome and I am happy you are still able to collect despite hard times. I also went through some hard times recently and have still tried to collect during it.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    I got the biggest surprise in the mail today. GUU member Don told me that the A's had a Kurt Suzuki catcher's gear set for sale at the memorabilia stand, Austin confirmed this as well. So ever since Sunday I have been trying to track it down.

Hence my surprise when I opened the box that I got today. I was wondering why my wife was sitting at the table smiling at me like crazy. I removed the packing material from the top & staring at me was this A's helmet, I picked it up & then I saw the face mask & shin guards. Under that was the chest protector with the "ZUK #8". I almost passed out at that time.

It was my wife who some how found the Suzuki catchers gear. She won't tell me how much she paid for it or how she got a hold of it. None the less I am so happy with the new addition to my Suzuki collection.

I have the greatest wife in the whole wide world. With all of what we have been going through since the beginning of the year, my many emergency room visits & 2 surgeries that I had. Finances have been very tough with the loss of my income. She has had to do some financial wizardry so that I could get some of my recent acquisitions. I don't know how she pulled off this one. So my Suzuki collection is just as much hers as well as mines.

A bunch of dirt fell out of the shin guards. A nice addition as well, "Game Used Dirt".
    Thats the gear that was sold at the A's game right in front of me. The guy who bought it was afraid his wife would get mad at him. Does your wife have a secret second husband here on the mainland?

Congrats on the great item and having a great wife. Do you have a place and way to display it?

Don

I just acquired an almost complete run of Cardinals TBTC jerseys (many with pants and caps). I now have 14 of the 17 TBTC jerseys; only missing last year's 1985 game (full set still held by the team) and this year's two 1982 games vs. Milwaukee (also not released). This shot includes both new jerseys and some I already had... thought it would be cool to see all 14 hanging together.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    I got the biggest surprise in the mail today. GUU member Don told me that the A's had a Kurt Suzuki catcher's gear set for sale at the memorabilia stand, Austin confirmed this as well. So ever since Sunday I have been trying to track it down.

Hence my surprise when I opened the box that I got today. I was wondering why my wife was sitting at the table smiling at me like crazy. I removed the packing material from the top & staring at me was this A's helmet, I picked it up & then I saw the face mask & shin guards. Under that was the chest protector with the "ZUK #8". I almost passed out at that time.

It was my wife who some how found the Suzuki catchers gear. She won't tell me how much she paid for it or how she got a hold of it. None the less I am so happy with the new addition to my Suzuki collection.

I have the greatest wife in the whole wide world. With all of what we have been going through since the beginning of the year, my many emergency room visits & 2 surgeries that I had. Finances have been very tough with the loss of my income. She has had to do some financial wizardry so that I could get some of my recent acquisitions. I don't know how she pulled off this one. So my Suzuki collection is just as much hers as well as mines.

A bunch of dirt fell out of the shin guards. A nice addition as well, "Game Used Dirt".
    this is what i am talking about wanting. a complete set of catcher's gear.
    very nice.

Nice Jeff! And congrats on your pickup of the Kolten Wong Futures game cap! I think I picked up the GU bat he used from the Futures game, and while he didn't get a hit in the game, I managed to swoop up a MLB Auth ball he grounded out with in the 1st inning. Working on the photomatch for the bat now.

Correction, my Wong bat is authenticated to the Futures Game, so I am trying to verify it via the photomatch.

GREAT way to start off the season....

First pic from top left going clockwise...

Pairs of game used gloves from Paris Lenon, Stewart Bradley and Justin Bethel

Singles of William Powell, Michael Floyd and D'Anthony Batiste.

And for good measure, a signed (not game used or issued) authentic Nike home jersey of Larry Fitzgerald
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by gameu08 View Post
    been a busy month heres my latest pickup a 2009 miguel cabrera game used phoenix bat hammered with usage

gotta thank ryan greenlee for hooking me up with my two cabrera bats...hes a pleasure to work with and i suggest if your in the market for miggy bat contact him
    Love your site and love your cabbys, Ryan is pretty awesome. What do you focus your collection on?!!

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Ron... Miranda & enjoyed our visit with you as well. I may be on Oahu sometime in November for a doctor's visit, hopefully we can see you at that time too. A visit with you is way better than a visit with the doctor.

Brian... Because of my budget I have been concentrating only on my Suzuki collection. I haven't collected anything of Kolten Wong in quite some time. Did you get the Wong cleats that was on eBay? Congratz on the futures bat.

Don... Thanks. Hopeful my wife will tell me how she found the catchers gear, the suspense is killing me. I am planning to remodel my collection room in the near future. I hope to buy a full sized mannequin to display the catchers gear, that is why I am looking for a pair of game used pants.

momen55... You just have to be patient for a catcher's gear to pop up for sale, or really lucky like in my case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]