Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Replica jerseys you wore as a kid

I think we have to define "kid" first! As I am in my early 40s, I still feel like one although I am often reminded that I'm not one!!!

So, for the sake of this thread, I can remember wearing jerseys of Keith Hernandez and Lee Mazzilli btwn the ages of 8 and 16.

Today, I have 3 Keith Hernandez gamers and 3 Lee Mazzilli gamers. I also have 1 authentic each that I still wear!
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Penny Hardaway Orlando Magic replica growing up

Last summer I finally picked up the above as a GAMER!

For me it was the Astros Rainbow Jose Cruz here they are
    Attached Images Attached Images   

By the way im 5'10 200 pounds so i cant wear either jersey anymore my parents kept my little jersey for some reason and now my 4 year old daughter loves to wear it just like i did

Mike, that's a sweet Cruz jersey. My uncle lived in Texas and got me a Cruz game used bat when I was a kid.

It's not a jersey but here is the Jacket I wore as a kid in the late 70's early 80's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSharon View Post
    By the way im 5'10 200 pounds so i cant wear either jersey anymore my parents kept my little jersey for some reason and now my 4 year old daughter loves to wear it just like i did
    That's cool that your daughter wears the jersey just like you did. That must make you proud.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Couldn't afford the replica jerseys when I was a kid (though I finally did get my first Raiders replica at age 20 & my first Blazers one at 25). The one exception was a Dikembe Mutombo Nuggets jersey that I found at Goodwill for $4 when I was about eight. I wasn't a Nuggets fan or a Mutombo fan, but at the time it was cool to have a jersey. Any jersey.

The weird thing is, the night Mutombo's career ended (knee injury against Portland in the playoffs), I was working security under the south basket at the Rose Garden when he went down. I was out on the court next to the medical staff as they worked on him. Didn't even occur to me until I'd got home that night that the guy whose jersey I wore as a kid had his career end literally at my feet.

When I was a kid they were not even replica jerseys as much as long sleeve t-shirts! I had a #32 Steelers (Franco Harris), a #75 Steelers (Mean Joe), a #28 Seahawks (Curt Warner) and a yellow bumble bee Pirates with no number, but to me it was a Willie Stargell!

[quote=Shipp_96;300301]When I was a kid they were not even replica jerseys as much as long sleeve t-shirts! quote]
    That's the way my Kenny Anderson is!!

The two I wore as a kid were Don Majkowski, it was more of a t-shirt jersey and a John Stockton Jazz replica.