Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old Hickory bat code info

Maybe this is general knowledge, not sure, but I thought i'd post it anyways. This is a reply I got from 'old hickory' customer service regarding the meaning of the serial numbers put on starting in 2009...

On the Porcello bat, and all pro bats starting in 2009, the serial number breaks down like this:

The first number is the year (starting in 2010, this will change to the first 2 digits), the next two digits are the month the order was received and the last 3 digits are the work order number. After the hyphen, the letters are the players initials and the number is the exact number of that bat for the particular order. In the case of the Porcello bat (905161-RP3), the order was received by use in May of 2009, the work order was 161 and this bat was number 3 in the order.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Re: Old Hickory bat code info

Great Info! Thanks for posting that Dale.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great information. Thanks for posting.

Here is a little update on the Old Hickory bat codes as explained to me...
    The LDM refers to the bat being a “Low Density Maple” bat. Starting with the 2012 season, MLB is requiring either an “LDM” or “LDMX” inscription on all low density maple bats. “LDM” will appear on bats from players that signed their first MLB contract prior to the 2011 season and the “LDMX” inscription appears on bats of players whose first MLB contract was in either 2011 or 2012.
    The “LDM” players can actually use a lower density maple than the “LDMX” players. It is MLB’s way of grandfathering in some of the bats that older players have been used while trying to limit the “high breakage” models for younger, newer players.

always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Thank you Dale, appreciate the update on this

I'd also like to add if the bat is missing the players initials and bat number it is most likely a promotional bat used for autograph signings. I've included a pic as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    I'd also like to add if the bat is missing the players initials and bat number it is most likely a promotional bat used for autograph signings. I've included a pic as an example.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Trout-S...item5895a7a82c

this one has missing initials but ball marks too.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Trout-S...item5895a7a82c

this one has missing initials but ball marks too.
    That "Game Used" bat on ebay also has the same exact batch code as the hundreds of signed Trout game model bats readily available on ebay. Here is an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Trout-A...item35bf6b8971

Coincidence the bat is only authenticated for the autograph?

Here's one I got from Rockies minor leaguer, Trevor Story, earlier this year.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Well the last part of the code (player initials and a number) indicate which bat it was of an order that was sent to the player, so I'm guessing that if it doesn't have that info, then it wasn't an order sent to the player for game use.