Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: July Pick-ups

Re: July Pick-ups

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    About what time did you buy that? A guy bought a Futures game hat right in front of me yesterday at FanFest... didn't see which hat he bought though. Price definitely kept me away from the Brett hat. Did you go to the Hunt Auction? Hope you had a nice visit to KC.
    Maybe 2 p.m... can't say for sure. The guy in front of me bought the Wil Myers cap (the first to sell). Later, I noticed the Jake Odorizzi cap had sold. I can't remember the fifth cap; might have been Yordano Ventura.

I was in and out of the Hunt auction. Most of the Cardinals lots were near the end. Didn't have any luck, but there wasn't anything I was dying to have, so I wasn't disappointed.

Had a great visit to KC, mostly because we hit Gates BBQ on the way home and I pigged out on burnt ends.

Quote Originally Posted by packfan84 View Post
    One of my grail items. Finally landed a game used Ian Kinsler jersey. Had to bail on a couple of other items I was bidding on to land this. The MLB holo states it was worn in ALCS Game 6 and both World Series Games 5 & 6. The tag inside makes it look like it was used in ALCS Game 2 as well.
    Attachment 64933

Attachment 64934

Attachment 64935

Attachment 64936
    great price on the jersey!
    looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Maybe 2 p.m... can't say for sure. The guy in front of me bought the Wil Myers cap (the first to sell). Later, I noticed the Jake Odorizzi cap had sold. I can't remember the fifth cap; might have been Yordano Ventura.

I was in and out of the Hunt auction. Most of the Cardinals lots were near the end. Didn't have any luck, but there wasn't anything I was dying to have, so I wasn't disappointed.

Had a great visit to KC, mostly because we hit Gates BBQ on the way home and I pigged out on burnt ends.
    Haa... Might've been you after all... I popped over there on my way out the door a little after 2pm after the lots I was interested in at Hunt were over. I got the one item I was after. Glad you had a good visit. Next time you are in town let me know and we'll grab some BBQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I spent yesterday during the game attending a charity fundraiser at Angels Stadium for Rex Hudler's Team Up for Downs Syndrome organization. They hold it there every year during the All Star Game. Rex was an Angel for a couple years and spent many years as their broadcaster until this year, where he now works with the Royals. So the silent auction had a ton of Royals items, which was a nice change. I'm not sure why I bought these, other than it is money towards a great cause and I just thought they were both cool looking 2012 GU items. Plus it was nice knowing they were sourced directly by Rex from the players this year and they showed good use too.

Billy Butler signed batting helmet

Mike Moustakas signed spikes
    (nice blue suede Reeboks)

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    I spent yesterday during the game attending a charity fundraiser at Angels Stadium for Rex Hudler's Team Up for Downs Syndrome organization. They hold it there every year during the All Star Game. Rex was an Angel for a couple years and spent many years as their broadcaster until this year, where he now works with the Royals. So the silent auction had a ton of Royals items, which was a nice change. I'm not sure why I bought these, other than it is money towards a great cause and I just thought they were both cool looking 2012 GU items. Plus it was nice knowing they were sourced directly by Rex from the players this year and they showed good use too.

Billy Butler signed batting helmet

Mike Moustakas signed spikes
    (nice blue suede Reeboks)

Ben
    After watching the ovations he got at the All Star game, there are ALOT of people in KC jealous of your Butler helmet right now. Nice pickups!

Matt Adams Spring Training bat matched to 2 games so far.

Matt Adams bat from his first game as a Cardinal. Matched to second and third at bats but needing a screen shot from first at bat.

Matt Adams bat used to hit his first HR as a Cardinal. I have the screen shots from his second and fourth at bats. Looking for help on any shots from the actual HR at bat. I think he hit it on the first pitch so hard to get. Any help would be appreciated. Bat was used for several games after the HR so that is why the extra tar.

Not a game used item but just wanted to share this. On June 9th in East Rutherford, NJ, Brazil and Argentina played against each other in a friendly match in soccer. Argentina won 4 to 3 where Lionel Messi scored a hat trick. I brought a soccer ball with me hoping I can catch one of the players on the Argentina team to autograph it and admist all the chaos, I was able to get Lionel Messi to sign my ball Messi is considered one of the best soccer players in the world

1975 Willie Stargell Game Used Away Pirates Jersey.....the hat is not his, but rather one of the Pirate's from last year's Roberto Clemente Day.....