Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: gloves ???

Hybrid View

Re: gloves ???

Gloves are harder than hell to photomatch honestly, and the only way I know my gloves that I get are from x game are because I get handed them personally. I take pics throughout the game and am able to photomatch (or I guess stylematch to anyone else) the gloves to that game and I put them with a ticket from the game into a ziploc bag and mark the player's name, position, jersey # and date.

FWIW for the most part NFL players don't seem to write their numbers on gloves (I've gotten several hundred over the years and maybe 2 or 3 have, MAYBE). I know college players do because the little white box area on the bottom of the palm closer to the wrist is perfect for that.

Re: gloves ???

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Gloves are harder than hell to photomatch honestly, and the only way I know my gloves that I get are from x game are because I get handed them personally. I take pics throughout the game and am able to photomatch (or I guess stylematch to anyone else) the gloves to that game and I put them with a ticket from the game into a ziploc bag and mark the player's name, position, jersey # and date.

FWIW for the most part NFL players don't seem to write their numbers on gloves (I've gotten several hundred over the years and maybe 2 or 3 have, MAYBE). I know college players do because the little white box area on the bottom of the palm closer to the wrist is perfect for that.
    The dallas cowboys have their #'s written on their gloves and cleats in black sharpie. I know as I buy both items directly from them in that manner and sometimes find cool things like plays written on gloves. Some bigger players have custom changes to their equipment but for the most part you can tell by style, size, changes, and wear to the items.