Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Game used item you're tired of seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    No hatred from this quarter, just puzzlement. Among Baseball collectors, I'm guessing that bats are just about the most popular collectible. I can see how if you're mostly focused on another sport, it might be annoying and irrelevant to you...but, then, so would 90% of the posts on this board.
    It's funny, I'm not a big bat collector either, but I don't have a problem with people posting theirs. I mean, I will take a bat if it's a HR bat or has some special character to it. I can even get great enjoyment out of them. But as far as my favorite items are concerned, they are cleats, jerseys, and hats. I love fielding gloves too but can't afford them.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I'm glad I didn't ruffle too many feathers with my last post. To gorilla777, isn't this thread about "Game used item(s) you're tired of seeing"? Yes, I'm tired of seeing bats. Throw some golf, ping pong, fishing, bowling and under water basket weaving items on here every once and awhile, but good God the redundant bat posts are overwhelming! Again, I think someone should create a thread for all the people collecting bats. Thank you for reading. - the minority. Just having fun, guys!

This one:

"Very rare game used worn shoes/cleats from former Arizona Cardinals Safety, Pat Tillman vs Baltimore Ravens Dec 17, 2000..."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Used-Wo...item337683adab

It can be yours for $3.6 million, but shipping is free; so that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LandRunSports View Post
    Again, I think someone should create a thread for all the people collecting bats.
    Or, since it seems to me that the majority of members are primarily Baseball fans, and that the vast majority of those folks do collect bats, maybe there should be a "bat free" section of the board that focuses on what you are interested in collecting. (Which is...?)

I love ALL game-worn/used items. I'm just tired of seeing bats over and over and over and over...again. What is so complicated about that? Again, this thread is "Game used item you're tired of seeing". BATS!

You are certainly welcome. And it is a thread about specific items for the intention or at least that is how i read it. The easiest solution is to post things that interest you to mix it up a bit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    The easiest solution is to post things that interest you to mix it up a bit, right?
    Nope, just tired of bats.

Okay, weird enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Okay, weird enough. Not a collector, just looking to complain.
    We are all here for the same reason. The door was opened and I expressed my opinion. I'm not the only one that is tired of seeing bats throughout the newly obtained and photo-matched threads. .

I don't collect bats at all so I'm on the same page about seeing game used bats everywhere. I'm also not a huge fan of game used batting gloves. To me - And this is just my opinion - bats and batting gloves are like pennys are in change. They're everywhere and everyone has them, they are almost throw aways. Jerseys, hats, helmets are what you see when you see the player. But everyone collects what they like - if we all collected the same things it would be boring.