Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Josh Hamilton's 2nd home run ball from 4 home run game on 5/8/2012

From personal experience, Hambone knows how to sign a base. I have one from his mlb debut and he knocked it out of the park. Be sure to get a "King Size" black Sharpie (the kind With the grey/silver/chrome, metal barrel) and send that with the base. It has a giant, thick chisel point and for whatever reason, just works on bases. Nice and bold. You won't be disappointed.

-J

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jshortt View Post
    From personal experience, Hambone knows how to sign a base. I have one from his mlb debut and he knocked it out of the park. Be sure to get a "King Size" black Sharpie (the kind With the grey/silver/chrome, metal barrel) and send that with the base. It has a giant, thick chisel point and for whatever reason, just works on bases. Nice and bold. You won't be disappointed.

-J
    Can you post or email a pic of your base to me?

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I don't understand the whole idea of being duped by another ball. With regards to non MLB authenticated HR balls, the provenance is the key. Even if he changed it, his letter and provenance would basically make the "changed ball" the one that has value. The "real" ball would have no value because he gave the provenance away to the changed ball, effectibely making it worthless.
    Or in 10 years he could claim the other is fake and that he had nothing to do with that ball. Making the second possibly BP ball "worthless" again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    Or in 10 years he could claim the other is fake and that he had nothing to do with that ball. Making the second possibly BP ball "worthless" again.
    Shame on the guy who bought the BP ball to begin with since I don't believe those are rubbed with mud.