Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Junior Seau jersey offered by AMI

I don't have issues with the jersey, but I do have issues with AMI including it in this week's auction. A classless act IMO.
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=61756

Re: Junior Seau jersey offered by AMI

I DO NOT want to create a Firestorm, but it's just a Football Jersey? Why are you so offended?

If it was Blood, a Bullet or a piece of his clothing from last week, I could certainly see your point.

I would normally just stay away from a Forum topic like this, but I am just very curious why it seems so horrible?

Junior was a Great player and a Great Person and he will certainly be remembered, but I just don't see how a Jersey for Sale at auction effects anything in life?

i dont see a problem with it. It wont being any more money than it will this week.

If the seller bought the item, he/she can sell whenever they want, IMO.

Now if it was a gift...

When I see someone like Al Trautwig making thousands off all the gift items he received from HOFers when he was an ABA ball boy, that seems tacky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    I don't have issues with the jersey, but I do have issues with AMI including it in this week's auction. A classless act IMO.
    I agree with you, but I think we're in the minority. There are opportunists who profess sadness for the loss of Seau while counting the dollars they made off his death. I don't know that it's "wrong" but I agree that it does lack class.

Quote Originally Posted by jbcindc View Post
    I agree with you, but I think we're in the minority. There are opportunists who profess sadness for the loss of Seau while counting the dollars they made off his death. I don't know that it's "wrong" but I agree that it does lack class.
    I also agree that it's classless. However, in this business, there are always people who are looking to make a quick buck. It's sad, but it's just the way it is.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    I'm not trying to be contentious, but when is the right time to sell this jersey? Because a player died a young tragic death, and by such an instance his memorabilia becomes more in demand, are people permanently forbidden (at least morally) from selling his stuff?
    Also, if AM is so wrong for selling this jersey, aren't all the people who bid on it just as wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    I'm not trying to be contentious, but when is the right time to sell this jersey? Because a player died a young tragic death, and by such an instance his memorabilia becomes more in demand, are people permanently forbidden (at least morally) from selling his stuff?
    Also, if AM is so wrong for selling this jersey, aren't all the people who bid on it just as wrong?

I don't think you're being contentious, and you make a good point that a player's passing certainly peaks interest for fans of that player. I think the best time to sell an auction-style jersey is when at least two people really want it and bid against each other. That can happen at anytime but awareness of that player is certainly intensified with his death. I don't believe any of those who have posted on this subject have said that there's anything wrong with the timing of the sale; it's been more of a question of class, or lack thereof. I see nothing wrong or classless with people who want to purchase a jersey from a recently-passed player. The motivation for the buyer is likely different from that of the seller.

Nothing wrong with the seller selling. There is a demand for the item, so they are just meeting the demand.

We do live in a capitalistic economy.

Good timing to sell.

Even if the item was a gift, it is the persons property to do with as they wish.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

I do understand selling it now. The demand for his items is much higher now. Unfortunately, this just happens to be a sad situation. Sometimes, selllers description can tasteless in situations like this. I had a Harmon Killebrew piece put away that I toally forgot I had. When he passed, I listed it and it sold quickly and for more than it would have before he passed. I just figured it would sell quickly, but that was it. The seller thanked me, over and over, for selling it to them, and it made a Harmon Killebrew fan very happy.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~