Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    Fun Fact: If Jamie Moyer wins the Cy Young, he'll be the only player to win the award that actually played with Cy Young.
    I just read this now. This made me really laugh. Although I call him Grandpa, I forgot that he played with Cy Young.....

Unhappy Re: Random crazy trivia fact

With Thursday night's loss to Miami the New York Knicks now hold the NBA record of a 13-game losing streak in playoff games...likely to become 1 after their next tilt with the Heat.

Dave Miedema

Exclamation Re: Random crazy trivia fact

I'm not sure if this is a record, but it's pretty unique (from Pat hughes during today's WGN Radio Cubs-Dodgers broadcast):

Jamey Wright was a non-roster invitee to Ddogers camp and was added to the roster when the team broke camp. It was the 7th season in a row that Wright has started spring training with a non-roster invitation and ended it with a Major League roster spot.

Dave Miedema
    ABO2012

Several trivia tidbits came out of Chris Davis' 2-inning relief stint on the mound that gave him a victory in the Orioles' 9-6 extra inning marathon against the Red Sox. Among them:

***It was the first time an American League position player had earned a pitching victory since 1968 (Rocky Colavito)

***It was the first time in either league that a player earned a pitching victory while going 0-for-8 at bat since 1905 (Rube Waddell).

Dave Miedema

Smile Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Here's two nuggets related to a couple of the winter teams in Los Angeles:

With their victory Sunday night, the Los Angeles Kings became the first NHL team to ever enter the playoffs as an 8th seed and defeat both the 1st and 2nd seeds.

The Sunday win that gave the Los Angeles Clippers a first-round victory over the Memphis Grizzlies was only the third time in the team's 41-year history that they won a playoff series. This history, of course, includes their days as the San Diego Clippers and, before that, the Buffalo Braves.

Dave Miedema

Exclamation Re: Random crazy trivia fact

During Wednesday night's Rockies game, Jamie Moyer (again) became the oldest pitcher (49 years, 180 days) in MLB history to drive in a run with a 2-RBI infield single.

Dave Miedema

I think the Florida Marlins should sign Julio Franco to a 10 day contract so that the combined age of a pitcher to a hitter in Jamie's next game would reach 212 years old.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Smile Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Blue Jays C Yan Gomes appeared in his first MLB game on May 17...the first time ever that a native of Brazil had appeared in a MLB game.

Dave Miedema

A smaller, but still notable Civil Rights milestone in MLB:

50 years ago today (5/29), the first-ever African American MLB coach was hired, as Buck O'Neill was added to the Chicago Cubs' "College of Coaches".

Dave Miedema

Cool Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Two bits from Sunday's action:

In the nationals game, Steve Lombardozzi and bryce harper hit back-to-back home runs to begin the first inning. It was the first time ever that rookies led off a game with back-to-back HRs.

Lebron James fouled out in Sunday's Game 4 loss to the Celtics. It was the first time Lebron had ever fouled out of a playoff game.

Dave Miedema