Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger
Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I'm curious of reactions from GUU members as to what their take was (and currently is) on the event. At the time, I would have throttled Bartman if I'd have seen him in person. When my emotions calmed, I realized that Bartman's dumb attempt at a catch started the slide, but that other things enhanced it to where it cost the Cubs the game and, then, a World Series berth.

Dave Miedema
    Dave,

I was at both game 6 and game 7. I sat in section 406 so I was almost directly above the "play". However I didn't see it but I remember word spread quickly through the stands as to what happened. My reaction was the same as most who bleed Cubbie blue, anger and confusion with malicious thoughts mixed in. How could one of our own be so stupid I thought? I was 24 at the time and I remember instantly thinking we're done and I will never have the opportunity to see my team play in the big one again. Well so far I have been right. I am also of the opinion that Alou had a play on that ball. There are many photos that back that opinion up as well. Also, while others may have reached for the ball Bartman was the only one who interfered with it plain and simple.

I do feel for the guy and can't imagine how hard his life became after the incident. I certainly hope it has returned to normal or at least close to it. I for one no longer blame Bartman for the series loss as both Gonzalez and Baker played the biggest roles in losing to the fish. I can say this with absolute certainty I am glad I wasn't sitting in that seat.

Regards,
    Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Talking Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Although the Bears lost a shootout with the Redskins today, Devin Hester returned a punt 81 yards to score his career 19th kick/punt return TD, tying HoFer Deion Sanders for the NFL record.

Dave M.

Exclamation Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Last night's World Series Championship celebration for the Red Sox was the first time they have clinched a World Series at home since 1918.

Dave M.

The Bears' 27-20 Monday Night Football win at Green Bay was their first win over the Packers in Lambeau Field since 2007.

Dave Miedema

After last night's defeat against the Bulls, the Jazz fell to a record of 0-6. That's their worst season start in roughly 40 years, when they started out 0-11.

Dave Miedema

Cool Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    After last night's defeat against the Bulls, the Jazz fell to a record of 0-6. That's their worst season start in roughly 40 years, when they started out 0-11.

Dave Miedema
    Now 0-7...lost to Toronto 115-91 Saturday night.

Also, the Crimson Tide, in their defeat of LSU, scored their highest point total (38) against LSU in 66 years.

Dave M.

Banned

Re: Random crazy trivia fact

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    I am also of the opinion that Alou had a play on that ball. There are many photos that back that opinion up as well.
    No. Just no. Give it up already.

Even MOISES ALOU HIMSELF said there was no way in hell he would've caught that ball anyway.

Ohio State's 52-35 BSKB victory last night at the Bradley Center over Marquette was the first time the Buckeyes had won a road game at Marquette's arena since 1950. (Source: Fox Sports)

Dave M.

The Indiana Pacers were off to their best start in their history, and still are, though they have now suffered a loss (against Chicago in Chicago Saturday night).

Dave Miedema

Smile Re: Random crazy trivia fact

I'm not sure if this is a record for Division One Football, but, if not, it's gotta be close.

Urban Meyer has now won his first 24 games as coach of Ohio State with the Buckeyes' narrow triumph over Michigan today.

Dave Miedema