Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

New Durene from Tiedman & Formby

This company

http://www.tiedmanandformby.com/home.php

seems to be offering licensed college durene throwbacks.

Anyone know where they are getting a supply of durene jerseys?

Tom

Re: New Durene from Tiedman & Formby

Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    This company

http://www.tiedmanandformby.com/home.php

seems to be offering licensed college durene throwbacks.

Anyone know where they are getting a supply of durene jerseys?

Tom
    Durene is mercerized cotton that is pre-shrunk and chemically treated to better absorb fabric dye. It's just cotton. Grey Flannel's authenticators said on their TV chow that it was rare and not produced anymore. Are you in this belief, also? Have you posted this theory on this forum before? I may be wrong, but how is mercerized cotton rare?

I called some authenticators and got the answers for you BTPH.

It's beyond rare...I was told the cotton came from a special Durene sheep which went extinct sometime during the disco movement.

Plus mercerizing cotton is a very very dangerous task and the liberals have uncovered this inhumane practice in Chinese sweat shops and put a stop to the practice.

They also added that older jerseys can never be repaired because the felt worm is on the endangered species list.

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post

Plus mercerizing cotton is a very very dangerous task and the liberals have uncovered this inhumane practice in Chinese sweat shops and put a stop to the practice.
    If liberals or conservatives had any jurisdiction over China, then that might be funny. The United States of America is China's bitch. The Southern U.S. probably imports cotton, cause China grows it cheaper. WalMart then passes the savings on to you. No thanks. I'll pay 36 cents more for a pair of socks that doesn't cut off my circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    If liberals or conservatives had any jurisdiction over China, then that might be funny. The United States of America is China's bitch. The Southern U.S. probably imports cotton, cause China grows it cheaper. WalMart then passes the savings on to you. No thanks. I'll pay 36 cents more for a pair of socks that doesn't cut off my circulation.
    I'll pay the 36 cents to avoid Walmart all together.

Saintsfan: Thanks for posting, some nice looking jerseys from them...but no teams I go for.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Hopefully we won't be China's or Europe's bitch much longer - perhaps a year tops.

Just an opinion