Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Re: Montero Traded from Yankees

I love this thread personally. (at least before it became awkward with mudslinging)

I think we have all had a favorite player traded away. It sucks and we are personally offended. Scott hated the trade both as a personal fan of the player and a fan of the Yanks. Others thought it was a good trade for the Yanks or the M's and we all kinda agreed to "Wait and see."

First Montero was excelling while Pineda got seriously hurt. Now Montero is in the minors and Pineda struck out 16 during his last outing. This debate should be over, right?

Except Josh Hamilton came back from worse to be an All Star with a $100 Million plus contract and two WS teams due in major part to his contributions and Phil Humber (who?) had a perfect game once in 2012. (Insert any such pitcher with one truly memorable outing. There are literally dozens) The point is, neither career has played out yet and this trade has literally been a gem and a curse to both sides. Right now, the Yanks stole Pineda. 2 years ago, the M's stole Montero. If Montero doesn't improve and Pineda's shoulder gives out, this trade netted nothing but publicity. If Montero rebounds and becomes the Comeback Player of the Year in 2017 while Pineda gets fat again and tears a rotator cuff, the see-saw re-balances.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Re: Montero Traded from Yankees

Agreed! This thread is why we all love sports ! zombie cats...not so much