Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Montero Traded from Yankees

I hate the move, cause I think Jesus will be a super star soon. But do you guys think his game used value just went down alot.

Re: Montero Traded from Yankees

I like the trade. Pitching wins championships, the Yankees are much better at buying bats than arms. Plus Montero is not a good defensive catcher. They still have Romaine who is better defensively and has a decent bat.
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

I agree, Yankees just picked up Kuroda. So pretty much our rotation went from ??? to being the best in the AL East I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I hate the move, cause I think Jesus will be a super star soon. But do you guys think his game used value just went down alot.
    61 MLB AB is a small sample size. You got a pitcher with a whole year's MLB experience.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

As a Montero collector (which I'm not), I think you'd be upset as the Yankees "mystique" just left and with that some extra money invested. My question though, is Montero a contracted player with Steiner or just through the Yankees? And what's the financial impact on acquiring GU items now through the Mariners as opposed to Steiner if in fact that's how it'll become?

As a baseball fan, with the way pitching has become of late, I think the Yankees get a quality "live" arm that otherwise would cost them big on the market. And they are built a little more to win now than Seattle. From the Mariners aspect, they get a very talented hitter who very well could be the next Edgar Martinez or better and has a chance to get more ABs. I think it's a win-win at the moment, with the exception of those who are player collectors.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    As a Montero collector (which I'm not), I think you'd be upset as the Yankees "mystique" just left and with that some extra money invested. My question though, is Montero a contracted player with Steiner or just through the Yankees? And what's the financial impact on acquiring GU items now through the Mariners as opposed to Steiner if in fact that's how it'll become?
    Steiners contract is with the Yankee organization, so now the Yankees have to give up Mike Pineda jerseys next year to Steiner. I like the trade as Russell Martin is still the catcher and there is still one other Yankee catcher prospect that is climbing up the minor league levels. Will miss Posada however.

Pitchers win championships.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Pitchers win championships.
    Couldn't agree with you more. That's why I'm kind of sad about this trade, as someone who follows the M's.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Good trade both ways. Yankees get a stud pitcher in Pineda, and the Mariners get some much needed offense. Made sense also considering the Yankees have Gary Sanchez coming up as a catcher, and the Mariners have Taijuan Walker and other prospect arms. Although all these prospects are 2-3 years away

Banned

Great trade for Yankees. They had no pitching besides CC. The offense is fine. Russell Martin is still young and an allstar level catcher. Romaine is a capable backup. The DH spot has to stay open to rotate in all the 30 plus guys in the lineup. Arod, Jeter, Cano, Granderson, Tex and Martin are unmatched outside maybe Texas. The offense is in great shape. Its best to sell high on prospects. The Mets had Fernando Martinez, uber prospect horded him for years, could have gotten high quality player (s) for him but held onto him and in the end he ended up waived and they lost him for nothing. The Angels had Brandon Wood who was supposed to be the next great power hitter, after years of shuffling between the majors and minors and showing an inability to hit major league pitching he is now out of the picture and likely headed back to the minors. At one time the Angels could have had anyone for Wood today they could get a bag of balls if they are lucky. Montero could have went the same way. Last year was a small sample size and the quality of play is watered down in September with the expanded rosters so putting stock in September stats is dangerous. Also he has struggled at times in the past. Pinada is a unique talent the kind that you can't normally get on the free agent market or the draft and rarely comes along on the trade market. I would take him over Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill, Latos or any of the other pitchers who netted huge prospects this offseason. He will just get better and better and is only 23, the Yankees could have a top of the rotation starter for the next 15 years. Kuroda is at best a middle of the rotation guy getting up there in age. Burnett is terrible and Nova overachieved last year and is likely to regress alot next season. This move was necessary for the Yankees.

Banned

As far as game used values it kills Monteros. The Yankees have a rabid collector base of very well heeled people who pay big time for stuff from their team. The Ms don't have that. Pacific Rim collectors go crazy for Ichiro but that is because he is from Japan. Plus the team is so bad. He stuff today is worth half of what it was worth yesterday.