Terrible move by the Yankees and let me give you my opinion why. Montero yes is work in progress behind the plate but he could be a All Star DH/C for the next 10+ years. The Yankees have aging vets who seem to run out of gas when the post season comes around. When is it ever going to be a good time to inject some youth into this old lineup? Montero was home grown and seemed ready to do big things for the yankees this year.

Russell Martin a AS catcher?? Come on. He had a great April and decent may and then he was below average the rest of the year and was TERRIBLE in the playoffs. He is great behind the plate but his offense is poop. Romine??? A decent backup and all this talk about Gary Sanchez?? He's at least 4 years away.

Pineda showed some promise at the beginning of the year but had a horrible 2nd half. Look at his home and away splits, not too good. Will he get better? Can he pitch in NY? Hopefully. But people really seem to be forgetting about the 2 big guns in AAA, Betances and Banuelos. Those guys should be ready to go mid season. I know you can never have too much pitching but.........

Carlos Pena?? We do NOT need another .210 hitter floating around the lineup.

I am and will continue to collect and follow Montero and I know him and his family and this move without a doubt will crush him but he needs to move on and do his thing with the M's.

One good things comes out of this....i'll be picking up all his stuff for dirt cheap prices all year long.