Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Montero Traded from Yankees

Terrible move by the Yankees and let me give you my opinion why. Montero yes is work in progress behind the plate but he could be a All Star DH/C for the next 10+ years. The Yankees have aging vets who seem to run out of gas when the post season comes around. When is it ever going to be a good time to inject some youth into this old lineup? Montero was home grown and seemed ready to do big things for the yankees this year.

Russell Martin a AS catcher?? Come on. He had a great April and decent may and then he was below average the rest of the year and was TERRIBLE in the playoffs. He is great behind the plate but his offense is poop. Romine??? A decent backup and all this talk about Gary Sanchez?? He's at least 4 years away.

Pineda showed some promise at the beginning of the year but had a horrible 2nd half. Look at his home and away splits, not too good. Will he get better? Can he pitch in NY? Hopefully. But people really seem to be forgetting about the 2 big guns in AAA, Betances and Banuelos. Those guys should be ready to go mid season. I know you can never have too much pitching but.........

Carlos Pena?? We do NOT need another .210 hitter floating around the lineup.

I am and will continue to collect and follow Montero and I know him and his family and this move without a doubt will crush him but he needs to move on and do his thing with the M's.

One good things comes out of this....i'll be picking up all his stuff for dirt cheap prices all year long.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

thats funny
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I agree, Yankees just picked up Kuroda. So pretty much our rotation went from ??? to being the best in the AL East I'm guessing.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    thats funny

I Don't see what's so funny.

1.CC
    2.Pineda
    3.Kuroda
    4.Nova
    5.Burnett

I think that's a pretty damn good rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    One good things comes out of this....i'll be picking up all his stuff for dirt cheap prices all year long.
    Good luck with your collection. I'll let you know if I see anything here in Seattle.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Yankees need pitching to win right now. Montero can develop with the Mariners for the next 5 years and if he turns into the superstar he was destined to be the Yankees will re-sign him as a free agent.

Excellent strategy.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Yankees need pitching to win right now. Montero can develop with the Mariners for the next 5 years and if he turns into the superstar he was destined to be the Yankees will re-sign him as a free agent.

Excellent strategy.
    +1
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post

Excellent strategy.
    Sadly for me as an M's fan, I could fully see this scenario happening.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

hey all you M's fans in Seattle....Do they sell a lot of game used stuff during the year? I'm going to be dropping a ton of $$$ on #21 Montero Rookie items all year long!! Keep me posted
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    hey all you M's fans in Seattle....Do they sell a lot of game used stuff during the year? I'm going to be dropping a ton of $$$ on #21 Montero Rookie items all year long!! Keep me posted
    The M's team store is tough. They will periodically have MLB authenticated broken bats in the store of guys like Smoak, Ackley, etc., but it's kind of a first come, first serve thing. Unfortunately, they don't authenticate hit/HR balls.

Even if you tell them your wants, they likely won't return your phone calls. I have given my name, email, number, etc. to the store tens of times for Smoak stuff, but they haven't called once, even when they have stuff in.

As for jerseys, you can probably get your hands on a few. The M's sell several of their shirts on MLB.com Auctions and will also have some - "issued" and used at some point after the season is over.

Your best bet is to talk to Jeremy, MarinersFan34. He's at a lot of the games and can let you know what they get in. I just go every once in a while to a day game where I can take some pictures. Good luck!
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Sadly for me as an M's fan, I could fully see this scenario happening.

That scenario doesnt happen too often. The Yanks have traded away several prospects over the years and none have come back, that I can think of. Maybe its because none turned out to be stars. Jay Buhner only comes to mind, and although he was a solid player for many years, never was a star.
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com