Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1959 Team signed White Sox Ball

My grandpa through Bill Veck was able to get a team signed 1959 ball from the White Sox. During that time frame my mother took the ball and painted it with clear fingernail polish to help preserve it . I was told that I would one day get the ball, however my question is: By the way I am a huge White Sox fan and would never get rid of the ball, but my question is out of curiousity what would a ball like that range from? And by painting it with clear fingernail polish how much value (ballpark) was lost by doing that?

I am really starting to get hooked on game-used White Sox items and hope to someday finish off my basement into a mini museum and plan on having that ball as the center of my collection. Also being new here I appreciate the outstanding knowledge that you all bring to this board. It really helps out us rookies. Thank-You

Ryan

Re: 1959 Team signed White Sox Ball

A 1959 White Sox team signed ball with Nellie Fox should be around the $300-$400 range....Not sure what affect shellacking would have on the value....probably bring it down some.

BTW...I have a 1959 GO GO SOX book by Dave Condon on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300041162199

I sold a 1972 TX Rangers ball with Fox on it for $1100, so that should give you a good idea.

A 1959 Chicago White Sox signed baseball will bring well over 1000 depending on the condition of the ball itself, condition of the signatures, and what signatures are on the baseball. Post a photo if you can or list the names on baseball.

Here's one that sold for close to $1100 in the American memorabilia auction. Much higher than I expected one would sell for.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=14612

Unpublished Sox photo for your downloading pleasure...