Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: mlb cap collectors

Zonker I am curious by you looking at the hat can you tell if it shows pretty good use, cuz from the pictures it looks like it has some good use.

My point is Lets say for arguements sake this hat was from an Old Timers Game or Charity event. Would it show as much use as it does??
    I wear my hats and they don't start showing use like that till after at least a month or 2 and thats wearing it everyday my hats.

yes! he claimed that he abtained it from a very reliable sorce that use to be affiliated within the yankee orginization, and that was all the responce i got until the auction was over. i opened with the 300.00 bid then nothing! i wish i could find out for sure as someone posted earlier that the same exact hat was on ebay a year ago! as i was not a member until may of this year i tried going back through his feedback from sellers to see if he purchased it on the ebay site but without a close date to look for i'm not haveing any luck. i was hoping the guy that remembers it being under discussion might find a old thread in it or a close date, but nothing so far i've tried contacting seller again to see if there was a way his "source" could be reached for a few question's but no answer so far! the only responce i got at all was after auction when i opened a dispute for item not received and he emailed me being kind of nasty and was told wife was in surgery and the last thing on his mind was ebay and me just to keep my pants on and it would come and when it came to close dispute!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Joel I just re-read what I wrote and I do understand what you mean by what I said could have been miisleading. So I will be big enough to Apologize to you or anyone else that I have possibly mislead.
    Jason,

Thank you. I accept your apology.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

yes it has alot of use on it.and his name is t morin

here is an enlargement of the photo, zonkers wanted to post: too dang grainy. Although, the cap in the old timer's photo looks like it has a well-used, dirty sweatband...

thank's for all your help!!! both-teams-played-hard and everybody thank's zonker , it's making me sick to know that there are people out there like this and that's what makes this site invaluble to collecters's old and new like myself it scares me to know that iv'e spent almost 15,000 in the last 5 month's on memorabilia to put away for my daughter to enjoy someday i wonder how much is real and what is fake! i wish i had known you guy's befor now!!!!! forever thankful i'll be, and i have renewed respect that not everybody is out to make something off of there knowledge on such a great thing as collecting baseball memoribilia and preserving our nation's and my favorite pastime!!! for future generation's as our grandfather's did this for us with no reguard to monitary value, just love of the game and it's heroes. zonker

Wow Zonker,

You know how to pick 'em. I emailed the seller and asked how he could tell it was a "pre 1960" dimaggio hat. I pointed him to this thread and told him that people who have experience have said it's 1970s at the earliest.
    Here's his classy response

-----------------------------------------------------------------

hello there yourself -i do not care who you are .you do not know what you are talking about.also i do not answer to you because who ever you are you mean nothing to me. have a nice day

You purchased the hat based on a faulty description. Notify ebay and you should think about notifying the authorities because essentially what this guy did was mail fraud.
    Here's the address for the internet crime complaint center
    http://www.ic3.gov/
    Eric

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Wow Zonker,

You know how to pick 'em. I emailed the seller and asked how he could tell it was a "pre 1960" dimaggio hat. I pointed him to this thread and told him that people who have experience have said it's 1970s at the earliest.
    Here's his classy response

hello there yourself -i do not care who you are .you do not know what you are talking about.also i do not answer to you because who ever you are you mean nothing to me. have a nice day

You purchased the hat based on a faulty description. Notify ebay and you should think about notifying the authorities because essentially what this guy did was mail fraud.
    Here's the address for the internet crime complaint center
    http://www.ic3.gov/
    Eric
    Eric, as usual amazing work for the industry.

Banned

Eric good job!!!

Hey can I email him ill give him a few words myself lol lol

It's not a good job until zonker gets his money back and this guy gets shut down. Let's see...

Eric