Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Brady issued or just pro cut?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230716259213...9#ht_567wt_936

I thought the pats jerseys were made in NY and not berlin? and also the reebok jock tag are usually sewn in the collar on the pats jerseys. anyone know for sure?

Re: Brady issued or just pro cut?

If you look at the Pats Jerseys from the last few years, you are correct, but I have yet to see an example of a 2011 Pats Jersey to see if something has changed?

This one looks like one of those "Hybrid Game Cuts" that we are always discussing......probably not issued to the team. Because of a special set of rib pads, TB no longer wears elastic in the waist band (unless that has also changed in 2011)....Either way, still a good looking Jersey!

Banned

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=171356362

Here is an example of a similar jersey in NFL Auctions from the 2011 New England Patriots. Look at the photo with the neck tagging - See that "11-48 Q" tagging? That is the tagging style used in Berlin, WI. The New York style tagging uses year tagging on the bottom manufacture flag tag.

Name:  img10615152.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  148.4 KB

Hey guys, I am 99.999% certain that Pats jerseys are now made by Ripon in Berlin, Wi. Sort of like the Titans....they were made by Ripon but now are made by Wilson. I suppose Reebok decided to move the contracts for some reason.......

Doc....you gotta tell us where you got the info on the change of supplier....I was under the impression that the Pats were still wearing last years jerseys and they were definitely not tagged like this. I have seen 09 and 10 Pats Jerseys but I have yet to see a 2011. In 2009 and 2010 I believe they were tagged on the tail and they were not from Berlin.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Doc....you gotta tell us where you got the info on the change of supplier....I was under the impression that the Pats were still wearing last years jerseys and they were definitely not tagged like this. I have seen 09 and 10 Pats Jerseys but I have yet to see a 2011. In 2009 and 2010 I believe they were tagged on the tail and they were not from Berlin.
    From the homework I have done since the original posting about this jersey, I have also been told the 2009 and 2010 jerseys were of the non-Made in Berlin, WI USA variety.

If you believe the 2011 jerseys are also of this variety, how do you explain the game issued pro-cut jersey I posted a link to above currently in NFL Auctions? That jersey is 100% Made in Berlin, WI USA as the other variety doesn't have the neck tags that jersey has.

The jerseys I am currently selling are the same game issued pro-cut jerseys that NFL Auctions sells. These are 100% original jerseys right from Reebok. Nothing added, nothing altered. This is how they come from Reebok.

I didn't know that it was your Jersey but the Merriweather you referenced on NFL Auctions says that it is an "Authentic Jersey".....not pro cut or game issued as you reference to your Brady listing.

How could you call this Tom Brady Jersey a "Game Issue" Jersey? Is that really what you think it is? A TB Jersey is not cut like that? Just because it has tagging in the collar does not mean that it is a Game issued jersey......I guess I dont agree with your definition of a game issued Jersey and I know that there are many different interpretations out there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I didn't know that it was your Jersey but the Merriweather you referenced on NFL Auctions says that it is an "Authentic Jersey".....not pro cut or game issued as you reference to your Brady listing.

How could you call this Tom Brady Jersey a "Game Issue" Jersey? Is that really what you think it is? A TB Jersey is not cut like that? Just because it has tagging in the collar does not mean that it is a Game issued jersey......I guess I dont agree with your definition of a game issued Jersey and I know that there are many different interpretations out there.
    The Meriwether is a pro-cut game issued jersey just like mine. They called it an authentic, but it is tagged for game use. If you look at all my eBay listings, each and every jersey is called game issued pro-cut which means a jersey issued for game use and tagged for game use.

They always are not identical to game used jerseys, as often they are not custom cut or hemmed, but many are and this is exactly how they are ordered by NFL teams and are delivered to NFL teams from Reebok.

Speculation can be whatever anyone wishes, but a "game issued" jersey is a jersey issued for potential game use. A "team issued" jersey is a jersey issued by the team for game use. I do not believe any of the jerseys I am selling were team issued, just game issued pro-cuts which is how I have advertised them.

The jerseys all come right from Reebok. Nothing added, nothing removed, nothing altered. This is exactly how the come from Reebok.

I have been harassed by a few people via eBay's email system asking if I am customizing jerseys and I can 100% clearly state that no one is customizing these jerseys other than Reebok. This is how the came from the factory as game issued pro-cuts.

I'm pretty new to the hobby, but I had no idea that you could buy game issued jerseys directly from Reebok, that's great. I'm surprised that more people haven't talked about it on the forum.

Trsent, do you have a contact for public sales at Reebok?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flamechicken View Post
    I'm pretty new to the hobby, but I had no idea that you could buy game issued jerseys directly from Reebok, that's great. I'm surprised that more people haven't talked about it on the forum.

Trsent, do you have a contact for public sales at Reebok?
    Nope, I don't have a contact at Reebok personally as they do not sell to the general public from what I have been told.

I have been harassed via eBay email over these jerseys by people who can't believe I have authentic game issued pro-cut jerseys. I am not going to get hung up over this topic.

I stand behind my 100% legitimate merchandise that I do not have to explain. They are legitimate. They are not stolen. People don't like to see people with access to merchandise they cannot locate themselves. I take pride in my contacts in this industry after 25 plus years to date.

At this time, I have showed an example of a similar pro-cut game issued jersey on NFL Auctions. Their description is one brief sentence. The jersey is tagged as a pro-cut game issued jersey would be tagged and only the Made in Berlin, WI USA variety.

There is no reason for this discussion to go on further. NFL Auctions has a similar 2011 New England Patriots jersey for sale that is of the same Made in Berlin, WI USA variety. No reason for further discussion as I have been accused of wrongdoing by a group of people via the eBay messaging system and this is just jealous people because I have done my homework, which is my personal business, to determine the jerseys are authentic game issued pro-cut Reebok jerseys.

Nothing more for me to contribute. My history in this industry is something I take pride in and I am tired of being harassed when I have been honest and upfront with every question and people accuse me of customizing jerseys that came from Reebok just as you see them for sale in my eBay listings. I have never added anything to a jersey and I have never, ever had a jersey cut or tailored in my life.

I deal in a lot of autographed jerseys and I can tell you I have never bought a loose number and added it to a jersey. I have seen loose numbers signed at signings I have worked and I have bought numbers that I sold as loose numbers, but never, ever in my life have I had a jersey customized in any method.

If you are worried, please don't bid. I will sleep well at night.