Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Lippett Pat's Jersey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260913482984...84.m1436.l2649

Been trying to get this guy to show a closeup of the tag but he is ignoring me. Thoughts?

Re: Lippett Pat's Jersey

I think that happens all the time on ebay and many times does NOT reflect on the item, just the seller.

Looking at the team repair it seems genuine. Personally i think it is hard to fake vintage repairs. From looking at, owning, trading and selling many many 49er gamers I have found that team repairs look very similar over a long time frame. Fake repairs are also remarkably consistent as well.

To copy the repair that is pictured in the ebay lisiting one would have to have a genuine gamer for reference. To me the jersey would have to be something that would sell at a high value but at a low risk, if I was going to fake repairs etc.

Ronnie Lippett who was a defensive back for 8 seasons for NE. It would be desirable gamer to possess for a dedicated Patriots collector but not really a "hot' jersey to general collectors. Thus why the need to fake repairs on a Lippett shirt?

I have attached some images of authentic repairs from a 30 year time frame on 49er gamers. Notice how they all are quite similar. I have also attached what I believe are fake repairs and you can easily see the difference in quality.

The first 7 images are authentic repairs and the last two are questionable. Notice the difference between the two-loose threads and it almost appears as if the last 2 repairs are just a bunch of thread sewn together rather than something done to fix a tear.

I know nothing about vintage Pats shirts but, to me, the repair seems authentic.

Always buying 49er gamers! Offering up to a 500$ gift card (your choice of what kind if card) plus the cost of the jersey to the first person to sell me a 1994 49er gamer! The value of the gift card depends on the jersey purchased (use, repairs, player, team letter etc).

Always offering a finders fee for quality GU 49ers items.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images          

I know the seller and he is 100 percent legit, but does little eBay and he is not always responsive. He had one of the largest collections I have ever seen and I have bought many solid items from him.....I know nothing about the Jersey but I would agree with Paul on all points and certainly No reason to fake a Ronnie Lippet!

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I know the seller and he is 100 percent legit, but does little eBay and he is not always responsive. He had one of the largest collections I have ever seen and I have bought many solid items from him.....I know nothing about the Jersey but I would agree with Paul on all points and certainly No reason to fake a Ronnie Lippet!
    If you can contact him, please tell him that I would bid if he'd answer one question. I am not referring to the tag any more, just a payment option question I sent him.