Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Albert Pujols to the Angels

I'm disappointed Pujols will not be on the Cardinals in 2012, 2013 and 2014. On the other hand, I'm relieved we won't be paying him $20-25M a year from 2015-21. I do appreciate everything he did for the Cardinals, and I respect that he never held out to renegotiate the contract he signed in 2004. In hindsight, he was a bargain... but you have to remember how groundbreaking it was for a fourth-year player to sign a 7-year, $100M contract. A smarter agent might have negotiated a 4-5 year contract so that Pujols would be younger when hitting the open market (can you imagine the contract he could have demanded after consecutive MVP seasons in 2008-09?). But, who knew then that he'd be ALBERT PUJOLS? That's ancient history. Bottom line, he was great in St. Louis and now he's in LA. That's his prerogative. The Cardinals were winners before Albert and they'll be winners again. I'm excited to see where the team goes from here.

Jeff... Very well said
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Bottom line, he was great in St. Louis and now he's in LA.
    The Angels DO NOT play in Los Angeles. Very well said, however. It would be great if St. Louis won it all next season.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    The Angels DO NOT play in Los Angeles.
    I meant to say the Los Angeles Orange County California Angels of Anaheim. Sorry.

Here's what's important about LA -- Albert's agent is based in LA and people close to Albert told me long ago that his agent wanted Albert in LA. More marketing and "branding" opportunities there than in STL. Could see it starting a few months ago when Pujols' new logo and Kobe-influenced website were unveiled. I truly believe if Albert's agent was anyone other than Dan Lozano that he would have re-signed with STL long ago.

I was hoping somebody would say it. Kinsler/hamilton/young/napoli/beltre/cruz. The rangers will be fine. CJ wilson was a drain on the clubhouse so it will be good having him gone. As far as who posted the rangers record against the west, you have to look at the fact that the west also had some of the best pitching in baseball. John Daniels is one of the best GM's in baseball, and I think he will come with something to make the team better.
    Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    See 2011 Boston Red Sox
    2011 Philadelphia Eagles

Most of the time the big money spending sprees go bust. Compare Rangers and Angels rosters. Top to bottom Texas has them beat still. Wilson is highly overrated and Albert won't have much help in the lineup.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

LA/Anaheim has a very large hispanic community. The revenue Pujols will generate for the Angels and MLB will be HUGE. I think the Angels got a bargain.

Ahh, greatest day in a long, long time. Last time I was this geeked was when the Angels pulled Vladdy out of nowhere.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

I bet scioscia will love to see Pujols not hustle out of the batters box like his lazy ass did here. He said god would show him where to go, I guess that meant where the most money was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    I bet scioscia will love to see Pujols not hustle out of the batters box like his lazy ass did here. He said god would show him where to go, I guess that meant where the most money was.
    Again, Miami offered Pujols more money than LAA.

I agree with what Jeff said (birdbats) when he signed the previous contract it was good at the time, and nobody forced him to sign it. I wish him the best, but think the Cardinals got the best years of his career. I don't think he will last ten years and be productive.