Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Talking Re: Albert Pujols to the Angels

I''m figuring that there are going to be some Ballhawks in mourning here in Chi-Town over this signing. Pujols, far more often than not, unloaded on the street during BP, and, the shagger-unfriendly 2011 season notwithstanding, was generally good for a couple of game home runs a year. Now he'll be on a team that will be going to the Cell for one, maybe 2 series a year, in a park that doesn't present the advantages of freedom of movement and limited competiton that Waveland Avenue offers. No sympathy for the Waveland crowd here, though...the game last home run ball that Pujols hit onto the street was recently seen for sale on eBay at $9,500 OBO...the seller, and a fellow ballhawk, paid $100 for it and ripped some poor guy off terribly. When stuff like that is eliminated, the hobby as a whole is better for it.

Dave Miedema

Re: Albert Pujols to the Angels

Hey Dave,

I have 4 season seats for the Angels if you need another outlet to do your BP ballhawking for him, just let me know.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    No sympathy for the Waveland crowd here, though...the game last home run ball that Pujols hit onto the street was recently seen for sale on eBay at $9,500 OBO...the seller, and a fellow ballhawk, paid $100 for it and ripped some poor guy off terribly. When stuff like that is eliminated, the hobby as a whole is better for it.
    These guys are what's truly wrong with the hobby. I hate when people rip off unsuspecting collectors. Some of these "ballhawks" sound a bit like sociopaths. Have they no empathy for the guy who caught the ball?

Pujols may be on top of the world because of his signing. But he's going to need to prove that he can hit outside of the Cards' lineup and in a new league. I'll bet he's up to the task, but how many fans treat you as well as your first city?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I'll say it - The Angels are BUYING a team.

And I'll also say - not that I didn't expect his true colors to come out - but AP is a liar just like Clemens, A-Rod and all the others with their '"It's not about the money" BS.

Pujols Contract Remarks

What a bunch of crap... I hope the Rangers trounce the Angels in their division AGAIN!

Its gonna take some astronomical good luck on the rest of the AL West and some horrible luck on the Angels for them to not walk away with the division for at least the next 2-3 years

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    Its gonna take some astronomical good luck on the rest of the AL West and some horrible luck on the Angels for them to not walk away with the division for at least the next 2-3 years
    Really? Wow, I guess the Rangers being back to back AL Champs was only because the AL West was weak... they didn't beat the teams from other divisions as well in route to those titles.

Time will tell...

Angels two signings today = a higher per year salary on two players than the entire Royals payroll.

Although they were already 4 times higher before this morning.

Hunter and Wells > Royals payroll.

Abreu + Haren + Weaver + Santana > Royals payroll.

oh well... I should quit baseball. Really no fairness or competitive balance. And that looks like it will never change. If they did institute a salary cap, they would place it at something like 175-190 mil and the Royals would never have higher than 60-70 mil anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Really? Wow, I guess the Rangers being back to back AL Champs was only because the AL West was weak... they didn't beat the teams from other divisions as well in route to those titles.

Time will tell...
    In 2011
    Rangers were 40-17 vs AL West

56-49 vs everyone else

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    See 2011 Boston Red Sox
    2011 Philadelphia Eagles

Most of the time the big money spending sprees go bust. Compare Rangers and Angels rosters. Top to bottom Texas has them beat still. Wilson is highly overrated and Albert won't have much help in the lineup.

I'm disappointed Pujols will not be on the Cardinals in 2012, 2013 and 2014. On the other hand, I'm relieved we won't be paying him $20-25M a year from 2015-21. I do appreciate everything he did for the Cardinals, and I respect that he never held out to renegotiate the contract he signed in 2004. In hindsight, he was a bargain... but you have to remember how groundbreaking it was for a fourth-year player to sign a 7-year, $100M contract. A smarter agent might have negotiated a 4-5 year contract so that Pujols would be younger when hitting the open market (can you imagine the contract he could have demanded after consecutive MVP seasons in 2008-09?). But, who knew then that he'd be ALBERT PUJOLS? That's ancient history. Bottom line, he was great in St. Louis and now he's in LA. That's his prerogative. The Cardinals were winners before Albert and they'll be winners again. I'm excited to see where the team goes from here.

I was hoping somebody would say it. Kinsler/hamilton/young/napoli/beltre/cruz. The rangers will be fine. CJ wilson was a drain on the clubhouse so it will be good having him gone. As far as who posted the rangers record against the west, you have to look at the fact that the west also had some of the best pitching in baseball. John Daniels is one of the best GM's in baseball, and I think he will come with something to make the team better.
    Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    See 2011 Boston Red Sox
    2011 Philadelphia Eagles

Most of the time the big money spending sprees go bust. Compare Rangers and Angels rosters. Top to bottom Texas has them beat still. Wilson is highly overrated and Albert won't have much help in the lineup.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington