Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Best items/highlights of 2011 for you?

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    Picked up my favorite item in 2011...
    Cool Berkman item; congrats on the photomatch.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Bagwell 2002 DK Hat

Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Every year I'm looking for a Bobby M. Jones game used bat. (for the last 12 years) This year thanks to Scott Preen (dcrules01) I was able to get Bobby M. Jones's game worn 2000 WS cap and locker room name plate.

So the search for a game used bat goes on into 2012 now.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I've really started to get more and more into the game used hobby and ween off collecting cards, once I bought my ARod bat last year I was hooked! This year I've added some great pieces including a Miguel Cabrera Autographed Game Used Bat, Albert Pujols Game Used Bat, Dwyane Wade Autographed Game Used Jersey, and just before the end of the year a Paul Pierce Game Used Jersey. I've added some others as well, but those are the big items. Football still eludes me, as it's the only sport I don't have a game used piece in. Hopefully that'll change in 2012! Also am hoping to add an MJ gamer to my collection this next year!

By far, the highlight of my year for collecting was the pink mother's day bat of Robinson Cano from 2010 that I was able to have photomatched.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

I had to sell off almost all of my bats this year due to my wife having to quit when the Navy moved us West. I was able to get my collection back going once we got settled.

My best pick ups of 2011 included:

-2009 Chipper Jones game used jersey
    -2010 All Star Game game used baseball
    -2001 National League Opening Day baseball (Diamondbacks from WS series)
    -2001 PNC Park Inaugural Game game used baseball (only 2 authenticated)
    -Several game used bats

I would like to take this opportunity to thank some people who helped me this year. Jake Jahimiak, Andrew Lang, and Bobby Texeira all helped me add significant pieces to my collection this year.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by maverick14 View Post
    By far, the highlight of my year for collecting was the pink mother's day bat of Robinson Cano from 2010 that I was able to have photomatched.
    Same kind of deal for me as well. I nabbed the pink game used HR bat of grady sizemorethis year and photo and video matched to the HR at bat.

I picked up my holy grail in 2011, a John McEnroe match-worn shirt. Worn in 2011 at the Rogers Cup vs. Michael Chang:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Had some luck with some nice game used bats early in the year, including Biggio, 2 Joe Torres, Mel Harder, Hank Gowdy, and the ones pictured.

I also added two Omar Vizquel GW jerseys, my favorite player of the last 20 years. (One from a GUF member -- thanks!)

But my greatest purchase -- the steal of a lifetime, for me -- is this Ronald Reagan signed ball. Thought it looked legit in a small auction, so bought it and had Spence look at it (not that I'm terribly sold on the alphabet guys, but I did want some backup paperwork.) While it was at Spence's place, a major auction house figure offered me 10x what I paid for it!! To my wife's dismay (but, surprisingly, with her blessing), I kept it.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

This was a great year for me as well. I picked up a lot of good stuff but the best for me would be the Jay Bruce 2011 GU Home Jersey and the Brandon Phillips 2011 GU Alternate Red Jersey. Both jerseys show a ton of use and are MLB authenticated.
    Thanks a lot
    Josh