Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Nolan Ryan Game Used on eBay....Hmmmmm

Guys, does this nameplate pose questions????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-USED-WO...item3cbf456228

Re: Nolan Ryan Game Used on eBay....Hmmmmm

This is a genuine Ryan gamer I believe....the numbers and plate are very different........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

I found pictures of Nolan Ryan wearing the same style of jersey in the eBay listing from the front only - I couldn't find any back shots of Nolan Ryan from The Astros to help. Look the the two photos - The "Astros" name is shifted to the side like the jersey on eBay, but the stars on the front are different colors from each other but one is like the one on eBay.

Also, the star's location is different from the picture I posted and the jersey listed on eBay, but I believe the font is similar on the front. I think more work needs to be done to determine if there are questions about this jersey based on one jersey you believe to be good and one that you have concerns about.

I am not an expert on these jerseys, but hopefully some of our resident experts will chime in. The Astros wore this style of jersey during Ryan's stay in Houston from 1980-1986 according to Dressed to the Nines.

Name:  richard-ryan.jpg
Views: 2525
Size:  136.4 KB

Name:  nolan.jpg
Views: 13000
Size:  17.2 KB

eBay image:

Name:  ebay.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  23.0 KB

Just my 2 cents but all (3) of those jersey's look different to me, One has red or orange around the star & the other two stars are different, One has very sharp points & the other looks a little less sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by wsohlcano View Post
    Just my 2 cents but all (3) of those jersey's look different to me, One has red or orange around the star & the other two stars are different, One has very sharp points & the other looks a little less sharp.
    Never mind I thought you were comparing all (3) to one,

Now I see that this was just a style match,

Banned

Never mind I thought you were comparing all (3) to one,

Now I see that this was just a style match,

Yes, the point was that the location of the lettering varried on the front font alone, but also the star location and borders varried.

The jersey on eBay does not yet have a match, but at least it isn't 100% off. Hopefully some of the guys can find more pictures to help either way.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Nolan Ryan Game Used on eBay....Hmmmmm

One thing to keep in mind: The Astros had two suppliers over the lifetime of this style jersey: Sand-Knit and Goodman. With 1984 being the transition year to Goodman, the Goodman jerseys had a sewn-on "Astros" and star. The Sand-Knit versions used screened-on team name and star.

Dave Miedema