Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grey Flannel Air Jordans

Hi all,
    Just curious if anybody bought the supposed AS GU AJ's from the last auction for $21 Grand plus????? I'm very curious to hear who exactly "authenticated" these shoes.

Steve

Re: Grey Flannel Air Jordans

The auction lot says that the autograph was authenticated by JSA. The shoes themselves weren't "authenticated" by anyone, but rather comes with an LOA from longtime UNC photographer, Robert Crawford.

The auction lot description says it all. Not saying this "authenticates" the shoes or gives any true provenance that the shoes ARE THE shoes worn in the all-star game. Personally, I never looked twice at these shoes as this LOA means as much to me as my used TP. But guess someone values the LOA at a price of 21k. LMAO

for what it's worth, I call BS on these shoes. as far as I know, every pair of AJ 1 issued to Mike had the following coding on the ankle (note the different sizes as well). The pair that sold is very clearly a retail pair.

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Interesting comments, so far! LOL Cammy, where are those pics from?......Do ya have a REAL pair of GW MJ's that you took photos of?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jordanhigh69 View Post
    Interesting comments, so far! LOL Cammy, where are those pics from?......Do ya have a REAL pair of GW MJ's that you took photos of?

Steve
    Steve those are indisputably a "REAL pair of MJ AJ 1s (game issued) that I posted. I was also the previous owner of the MJ injury/strap pair of AJ1s which got a lot of press this spring, which Nike now owns.

Pics of those:

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Quote Originally Posted by cammy collector View Post
    for what it's worth, I call BS on these shoes. as far as I know, every pair of AJ 1 issued to Mike had the following coding on the ankle (note the different sizes as well). The pair that sold is very clearly a retail pair.
    Ha. You too, huh?

Funny. They posted the pair on Facebook. I mentioned no player tagging and they deleted their post all together. They went on to mention them again on Facebook but I left it alone. Speaks volumes.

I generally don't trust auction houses knowledge of shoes. Mears sold a pair of 'Gary Payton' GU shoes sized 14.5. That's laughable.

Auction houses to eBay, self research reign supreme.

Since Mears isn't accepting PM's here you go.

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/L...spx?lotid=5152

Not sold but mis-represnted nonetheless.

The green/white Ultraflights you linked me are legit. In fact, the buyer and I were just talking about them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by primeradriver View Post
    Since Mears isn't accepting PM's here you go.

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/L...spx?lotid=5152

Not sold but mis-represnted nonetheless.

The green/white Ultraflights you linked me are legit. In fact, the buyer and I were just talking about them.
    The shoes in that link are identified as an unknown player. What's the concern?

I believe if you need to contact MEARS they can be reached at:

info@mearsonlineauctions.com

This address is found on their auction contact page.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    The shoes in that link are identified as an unknown player. What's the concern?

I believe if you need to contact MEARS they can be reached at:

info@mearsonlineauctions.com

This address is found on their auction contact page.

Troy from Mears contacted me via PM. He said he was going to correct it. Thus, the listing as 'unknown player'. From Oct 09 to today they were labeled as 1993 Gary Payton game shoes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by primeradriver View Post
    Troy from Mears contacted me via PM. He said he was going to correct it. Thus, the listing as 'unknown player'. From Oct 09 to today they were labeled as 1993 Gary Payton game shoes.
    So, you contacted them and they corrected the error. That is what the forum is all about. Everyone makes errors. Those who correct the errors are the good guys.