Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Patrick Willis Team Issued Jersey In 8D Auction...

http://8dauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx...graphed-Jersey

I don't believe 8D is trying to deceive anyone with the title of this jersey. However I can say with virtual certainty this is not a team issued jersey for Patrick. I have seen two of his documented gamers and this jersey isn't the same. I think it is simply a case of mistaken terms...no deceit intended.

Re: Patrick Willis Team Issued Jersey In 8D Auction...

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    http://8dauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx...graphed-Jersey

I don't believe 8D is trying to deceive anyone with the title of this jersey. However I can say with virtual certainty this is not a team issued jersey for Patrick. I have seen two of his documented gamers and this jersey isn't the same. I think it is simply a case of mistaken terms...no deceit intended.
    Hello Loomis,

You are correct. The jersey is not team issued which is why that was not in the title. The team issued reference was actually a placeholder put there that should have been removed when the description was modified before the auction went live. It has now been removed to prevent any confusion. As the title states, it is simply an autographed Patrick Willis jersey.

Thank you for the heads-up so we could remove it and prevent any potential confusion.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Hi Chris, that is the exact reason I brought this subject to your attention. I knew you nor 8D had zero negative nor deceptive intentions and I didn't want anyone to later feel they had been misinformed. Someone out there may have taken that team issued thing too far. Thanks for understanding my intentions as well.

Agreed. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Please don't ban me or if this is out of line, please contact me. I noticed several football lots are from JO Sports -- at least there are several lots in the 8D Auction that are still pictured on the JO Sports website but marked pending. If one of these lots is purchased, I understand 10% goes to the 8D network. However, does the rest of the purchase price go to JO Sports??? If one of the items that was listed on the JO Sports website is purchased, is the buyer really buying it from JO with only a very small percentage going to support 8D network? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by short84 View Post
    Please don't ban me or if this is out of line, please contact me. I noticed several football lots are from JO Sports -- at least there are several lots in the 8D Auction that are still pictured on the JO Sports website but marked pending. If one of these lots is purchased, I understand 10% goes to the 8D network. However, does the rest of the purchase price go to JO Sports??? If one of the items that was listed on the JO Sports website is purchased, is the buyer really buying it from JO with only a very small percentage going to support 8D network? Thank you.
    Hello Susanne,

Thank you for your post. Please note there is never a risk of being banned for asking legitimate questions. The only times people have been banned from the site are for rule violations.

As to your question, we accept consignments from numerous consignors and we evaluate the items to make sure we feel comfortable they are authentic to the very best of our abilities. We also do the photography, descriptions, marketing, use of our database, etc to make the items available to potential collectors for purchase in an auction setting. For doing so, we receive a fee for the services we provide.

As a matter of choice, 8D Auctions donates a percentage of our proceeds to the causes we are trying to support through the 8D Network. That is our contribution from the proceeds we receive for our services. What the consignor does with the money they recieve from the items' sale is their choice.

Net, I can only answer your question as to what we can control regarding the revenues we generate from the 8D Auctions and our choice is to donate a portion to the causes we support. Beyond that, we cannot control what the consignor does with their portion.

Please let me know if that answers your question.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier