Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Edgar Renteria's 2010 World Series

quick input needed: the EDGAR RENTERIA'S 2010 WORLD SERIES game 5 worn jersey used to hit the 3 run homer off cliff lee... how much historical value do you think this piece is?? is it something 8-10 yrs from now gonna be un-memoriable outside of giants fan?? everybody quick input appreciated...especially b4 tonites auction ends.

Re: Edgar Renteria's 2010 World Series

I didn't even know this jersey was being auctioned til you mentioned it. Looking at it right now, it looks like a sweet jersey, but $15,000 is a pretty big price to pay. I love though that it was kept unwashed but he has the handwriting of a child.

The homerun won the World Series for the Giants, AND it awarded Renteria with the MVP, so if you have the money, I say go for it. You probably won't see it again for a long time to come.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    I didn't even know this jersey was being auctioned til you mentioned it. Looking at it right now, it looks like a sweet jersey, but $15,000 is a pretty big price to pay. I love though that it was kept unwashed but he has the handwriting of a child.

The homerun won the World Series for the Giants, AND it awarded Renteria with the MVP, so if you have the money, I say go for it. You probably won't see it again for a long time to come.
    Kyle,, from a world series historical sense.. how big does that game 5 and his play fall in memorialbility... is it something people wont even remember what he dod say 10 yrs from now?,, trying to grasp whether to lay that chunk down,, i agree with you it has its coolness to it b/c of unwashed celebration. im still in the mix..cuz of earlier bid.. but wanna get some input before the next bump. thanks

If I had that kind of money to burn I would go for it. Awesome piece for a true Giants fan.

Renteria also had the game winning hit in the 1997 WS and do you remember that one? With that said, it was a homerun and will always be memorable given the fact that it was the Giants first WS championship in San Francisco.

Good luck if you go for it!

Well think 10 years back....do we remember things from the Mets-Yankees World Series, the Yankees-Dbacks, Angels-Giants? That's how I would think of it.

Edgar has been apart of THREE World Series winning/ending plays too you have to remember. Game-winning hit in 97. Game-ending swing in 04, and game-winning again in 2010. He's known for his World Series appearances but this one is something you can actually acquire for your own collection which I don't know if it's possible for his 97 or 04 WS jerseys. It's a moment that will definitely be remembered for a long time to come, you just might have to remind people as the years go by how exactly the World Series ended.

Well put Kyle. If you are a Giants fan and have the money then this is the one to have for your collection.

Well think 10 years back....do we remember things from the Mets-Yankees World Series, the Yankees-Dbacks, Angels-Giants? That's how I would think of it.

Edgar has been apart of THREE World Series winning/ending plays too you have to remember. Game-winning hit in 97. Game-ending swing in 04, and game-winning again in 2010. He's known for his World Series appearances but this one is something you can actually acquire for your own collection which I don't know if it's possible for his 97 or 04 WS jerseys. It's a moment that will definitely be remembered for a long time to come, you just might have to remind people as the years go by how exactly the World Series ended.

Banned

tried ....its gone to someone.. entered in 17.. automatically outbid bumped close to 20k... to rich for my blood... but damn it is cool!

and to think I get mad whenever I'm outbid by an extra $10

Banned

and to think I get mad whenever I'm outbid by an extra $10
    tried one last time at midnight 20... auto bumped to 21.5.,, that would be over 27k including the hammer fee.... cant compete with steve perry!! he or someones (baseball hof?) probs got in their max bid at 30-35. oh well... it is one cool piece tho!