Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Edgar Renteria's 2010 World Series

Maybe the Giants are purchasing the jersey.

Re: Edgar Renteria's 2010 World Series

I was surprised, but not shocked that this went for 27 k price with hammer. For Giants fans/game used collectors-- this is a once of a kind jersey from a key contributor to become available. The team only offered a few actual WS jerseys but only from role players/coaches and those sold for $1,100 with tax.

Considering this was the Giants first WS win in the SF era and the first since 1954, this series was huge from a fans view In fact when the team fell short this year, a good number of fans were a bit down but a lot of them were still on the WS 2010 high.

Also, these are some big time Giants jersey collectors out there who have been hunting for one since the series. Many have deep pockets and the chance to add a jersey with this type of team history attached seemed to create a price is no object situation. It only takes two committed and well funded bidders to push an item up in price. It will be interesting to see what happens when another one comes available, especially if it is a more popular player like Posey, Wilson or Lincecum.

I bid real early in case the price stayed reachable. But when it raced to over 10 k early on, I thought about all the bats I could get or the year of college I could pay for and quickly bowed out.
    Steve Smith
    Sacramento CA
    916-216-4435
    steve@sfbats.net