Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

ASI / Historic Auctions / Expert Sports Authentication

for those interested; (eric i believe you inquired about these entities a few times):

according to the florida department of state, division of corporations

ASI
    ----
    Authentic Sports Incorporated
    3093 46TH AVENUE NORTH
    ST. PETERSBURG FL 33714
    Registered Agent: Bradley Wells

2006 ASI Annual Report shows "Current Address" as:
    115 Cordova Blvd NE
    St.Petersburg FL 33704

2006 ASI Annual Report shows "Current Principal Place of Business" as:
    115 Cordova Blvd NE
    St.Petersburg FL 33704

Expert Sports Authentication
    ----------------------------

Expert Sports Authentication LLC
    3093 46TH AVENUE NORTH
    ST. PETERSBURG FL 33714

Historic Auctions
    ----------------

Historic Auctions LLC
    115 Cordova Blvd NE
    St.Petersburg FL 33704

http://www.sunbiz.org/COR/2005/1024/40858944.tif
    http://www.sunbiz.org/COR/2006/0430/70242167.tif
    http://www.sunbiz.org/COR/2006/0622/748300DB.tif

rudy.

Re: ASI / Historic Auctions / Expert Sports Authentication

Then how does this thread make any sense? (specifically Chris Cavalier's post of 12-1)

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...alier+historic

Please keep in mind when reading it that timmybaseball05 and searsious- both big fans of asi and historic were posted from the same computer and were posted 9 minutes apart. They have also each only posted once. Geniuses I tell you.

hi eric,
    in the thread you posted, chris cavalier forwarded the following from someone at asi:

"AS FOR HISTORIC AUCTIONS, A COMPLETELY SEPARATE ENTITY. HISTORIC AUCTIONS IS RUN BY JAMES BROWN"

to wit:

please note the article of organization for "Historic Auctions LLC"

http://www.sunbiz.org/COR/2005/1024/40858944.tif

the street address of the business, mailing address of the business, and
    address of the registered agent is:

115 Cordova Blvd NE
    St.Petersburg FL 33704

the registered agent is "bradley wells"

note the 2006 annual report for historic auctions:

http://www.sunbiz.org/COR/2006/0430/70242167.tif

the current principal place of business, current mailing address is:

115 Cordova Blvd NE
    St.Petersburg FL 33704

additionally, there are 2 managing members; bradley wells and james brown. bradley wells' address is shown as:

115 Cordova Blvd NE
    St.Petersburg FL 33704

the 2006 annual report for "Authentic Sports Incorporated":
    http://www.sunbiz.org/COR/2006/0430/90242559.tif

it shows the current principal place of business, current mailing address, and address of current registered agent:

115 Cordova Blvd NE
    St.Petersburg FL 33704

it lists the registered agent as "bradley wells".

the article of organization for "Expert Sports Authentication":
    http://www.sunbiz.org/COR/2006/0721/20791252.tif

it shows the registered agent as "bradley wells".

the conclusions and implications of asi/historic auctions/expert sports authentication are obvious. "bid accordingly"

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Geniuses I tell you.
    Eric,

You like the word geniuses; I prefer the word frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    "bid accordingly"
    Translation: Bid if you are a complete idiot.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Then how does this thread make any sense? (specifically Chris Cavalier's post of 12-1)

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=332&highlight=cavalier+historic
    Hello Eric,

I actually asked the same question directly to James Brown of Historic Auctions on this forum on June 7th, 2006. Specifically, Mr. Brown had made a post on this forum (also on June 7, 2006) claiming that "Brad Wells, at one time, owned a stake in Historic Auctions. However, earlier this year, he sold of his entire interest in the company and does not currently own any stake in the company." I asked Mr. Brown to reconcile that statement with the email Brad Wells sent on November 29, 2005 (which I still have) claiming he had no affiliation with Historic Auctions whatsoever other than being involved with the authentication of the baseball items in the auction.

Here is a link to the post:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...0&postcount=33

Sadly, Mr. Brown never replied.

Sincerely,
    Chris

a history of asi / historic / bernie gernay / brad wells / james brown / expert sports authentication:

aug 2005 - scott/sandman87 sells a david wright norfolk tides gamer via ebay to "gulfbaytradingcompany" in seminole, florida. james brown, a partner in historic auctions, is in seminole, florida. scott's david wright jersey winds up in the first historic auctions auction.

oct 21, 2005 - brad wells, president of asi, files paperwork to create a LLC under the name "historic auctions". the sole registered agent is brad wells. all addresses of the business are 115 cordova (brad wells' address). historic auctions llc is to be effective as of 10/21/2005.
    oct 2005 - historic auctions runs an ad in scd which is attributed to "authentic sports inc" in the advertiser index.

nov 19, 2005 - bernie gernay posts on GUF announcing the launch of historic auctions. most items in their auction seem to come with an asi coa. in addition to authenticating for the auction house he created, brad wells later mentions he has also consigned some items.

nov 29, 2005 - brad wells states, in regards to asi's affiliation with historic auctions, "ASI did participate with the authentication of the game used baseball ... as well as consigned a few items. that is the only affiliation whatsoever". apparently brad forgot to mention that he created historic auctions a month earlier.

dec 2005 - psi/bernie gernay auctions off a john elway jersey and a joe montana jersey on ebay using photos from a john elway jersey and joe montana jersey auction from historic's auction. apparently, when contacted, historic says bernie, for some reason, is using photos of their jerseys to sell his jerseys on ebay.

dec 2005 - bernie gernay, representing global, authenticates football jerseys in historic auctions auction. he also consigns his own football jerseys to historic. he authenticates a john elway jersey that he consigned. neither global nor historic apparently has any issue with bernie authenticating his own consignments.

dec 2005 - bernie chooses to remove a shortsleeved manning jersey from his psi ebay auction because of serious doubts that manning wore short sleeves. in his words, he feels "compelled to remove the listing from eBay".

may 2006 - representing global, bernie "authenticates" a shortsleeved manning for historic auctions. after being notified of the shortsleeve issue, historic removes the jersey. apparently bernie forgot that he removed his own manning from ebay for the exact same reason only months earlier.

may 2006 - bernie/PSI's clinton portis jersey shows up on historic auctions. the auction says the portis jersey was authenticated by bernie gernay.

may 2006 - eric asks james brown for a list of asi items authenticated by brad wells in the current historic auction. james says he's unable to provide the list.

may 2006 - global withdraws from authenticating for historic's may 2006 auction. steve rocchi states it's because they discovered that several items in the auction were consigned by brad wells. brad wells, representing global at the time, was again authenticating items in historic auctions. apparently global is not keen on brad authenticating his own items.

july 2006 - brad wells stops authenticating for global and creates his own firm: "expert sports authentication". their first job? authenticating the upcoming historic auction. bernie gernay stops authenticating for global and joins brad wells' firm to authenticate for historic. perhaps expert sports authentication will look more favorably upon wells and gernay authenticating their own consigments than global did? perhaps historic will have a more successful relationship with expert sports authentication than they did with global?

brad, you're a genius. this beats the debacle that was "a-rod authenticated". you decided to open your own auction house, fill it with your own items, and then use your own authentication firm! great work tiger! what a trio; brad, james, and bernie.

i wonder if historic auctions will ever use anyone other than "expert sports authentication"?

rudy.

Banned

YOU KNOW I HATE TO BE THE ONE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO - BUT I DID - AND THERE IS 1 OTHER COMPANY YOU LEFT OUT THAT BELONGS WITH THOSE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED

I AM PUTTING THIS IN BIG BOLD TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE NOTICES IT!!!

WHEN I TOLD EVERYONE MONTHS AGO I GOT SLAMMED TEN TIMES OVER THAT I HAD NO CLUE OF WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT

NEXT TIME LISTEN

I TOLD YOU SO !!!

There's more to the timeline, no?

How about Historic's auction ending without them offering the information that the items will not coming with global certs.

And what about Joel's dinner with James Brown who said he would come on here and clear things up. he never did

There's more to the timeline, no?

How about Historic's auction ending without them offering the information that the items will not coming with global certs.

And what about Joel's dinner with James Brown who said he would come on here and clear things up. he never did
    Yeah, Rudy, and where on the timeline does it show that Jason/Suave1477 warned us about this but we were too stupid to listen?? I don't see that anywhere! Come on, Rudy, you're really slipping here.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    YOU KNOW I HATE TO BE THE ONE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO - BUT I DID - AND THERE IS 1 OTHER COMPANY YOU LEFT OUT THAT BELONGS WITH THOSE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED

I AM PUTTING THIS IN BIG BOLD TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE NOTICES IT!!!

WHEN I TOLD EVERYONE MONTHS AGO I GOT SLAMMED TEN TIMES OVER THAT I HAD NO CLUE OF WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT

NEXT TIME LISTEN

I TOLD YOU SO !!!
    Wow. Bizarre.