Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masauction

Banned

Masauction

Eric-
    Per your previous post, a new thread has been started about MASAUCTION.

A previous thread discussed game issued/team issued jerseys, and MASAUCTION A.K.A. Mitch Schumaker's name was included.

I find your statement in a previous post quite interesting, "I can tell you that Mr Schumaker has always been a helpful resource for me and has helped me work towards improving the hobby."

Can you please explain exactly what type of help Mitch has provided to you to improve the hobby?

We should no doubt give credit where credit is due.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: Masauction

Howard-

I know you're trying to draw me out and look for trouble.

I can tell you that there is a lot that goes on off the forum as far a corroborating the content that is posted here. Mitch is always good about answering questions that I send to him, I have to say I respect him for that. From behind the scenes he has done a lot to help the hobby since we've been around. That's all I'd like to say about the subject.

I only know the current Mitch Schumaker and I can tell you he's been valuable for the hobby.
    Eric

Banned

I guess Mitch Schumaker is still making amends for selling a lot of non game used jerseys as game used with "Official Authenticators of the ..... Hall of Fame letters.

Being busted by the FBI sure puts a sense of righteous in a person. Just ask Shelly Jaffe.

Banned

Howard, I just bought a large vintage paper money deal from Mitch last week. I was in Milwaukee watching them put his mother in the ground last week and I sat Shiva with his family and friends last week.

Mitch had an issue years ago that he settled with the government over. If he did anything wrong, he was punished for his wrongdoings and like Dave Medima, he appears to have returned to a legitimate business practice. Did you have a problem with his current business dealings that you bring his name up because of a company that we are questioning these days over possible unethical business practices?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    I guess Mitch Schumaker is still making amends for selling a lot of non game used jerseys as game used with "Official Authenticators of the ..... Hall of Fame letters.

Being busted by the FBI sure puts a sense of righteous in a person. Just ask Shelly Jaffe.
    I'm confused Sammy, are you saying he sold for grey flannel. Can you please show us the supporting information for that statement? Otherwise I'm taking it down
    Eric

Banned

Eric,

His non game used jerseys were authenticated by GF. He did not sell for GF and I never stated that.

As you stated: "Mitch is always good about answering questions that I send to him."

Perhaps he will verify that for you. If not, I'll look through the achieves.

sammy

it is YOUR responsibility to back up YOUR statements. Not me having to chase down facts after you post things.

You need to provide the proof, not me
    Eric

Banned

Eric-
    What an odd statement to make, "I know you're trying to draw me out and look for trouble". Draw you out? Trouble? HARDLY! Per your previous post, you specifically said to start a new thread if Forum members desired to discuss Masauction-exactly what I did. Nothing more, nothing less. No harm, no foul.

A fellow Forum reader then chimes in about Mitch's mother passing, and sitting Shiva? I believe you specifically noted that we should keep to just the facts, correct? Although I'm sorry to hear this, how does this have any bearing on this post?

As such, please elaborate on your earlier and current statements about Mitch's help in the hobby. I'm not aware of his recent contributions and it appears you have first hand knowledge of this.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Howard-

I know you're trying to draw me out and look for trouble.

I can tell you that there is a lot that goes on off the forum as far a corroborating the content that is posted here. Mitch is always good about answering questions that I send to him, I have to say I respect him for that. From behind the scenes he has done a lot to help the hobby since we've been around. That's all I'd like to say about the subject.

I only know the current Mitch Schumaker and I can tell you he's been valuable for the hobby.
    Eric

Banned

This is from the old site. Check the May 11, 2001 issue of SCD.

Re: MASAUCTION - Mitchell Schumaker

May 11 2005 at 2:05 PM

Response to MASAUCTION - Mitchell SchumakerYou are correct in your assumption regarding Mitch Schumacher of MS Auctions. There was an article in the May 11, 2001, issue of SCD regarding Mitch.

In that article, it states he was arrested in the FBI's Operation Foul Ball. He admitted using an east coast authenticating firm to authenticate his game-model jerseys as game used. The east coast firm was Grey Flannel.

Most of the "game used" items he sold on ebay before being arrested by the FBI, had Grey Flannel letters. He plead guilty.

to be fair to everyone, i believe this thread legitimately arose because steve genuinely wanted to know if mitchell schumaker was "masauction" on ebay and whether this individual was the same one he had vaguely heard about being involved in some unsavory activities. eric suggested a new thread be started so as to not muddle the asi/historic thread.

joel, i believe mitch's name legitimately arose in the asi/historic thread simply because he sold turtlegrrl18 numerous game-issued jerseys.

from the old forum:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: MASAUCTION - Mitchell Schumaker seriouslyfolks (Login seriouslyfolks)

May 11 2005 at 2:05 PM

Response to MASAUCTION Mitchell Schumaker
    You are correct in your assumption regarding Mitch Schumacher of MS Auctions. There was an article in the May 11, 2001, issue of SCD regarding Mitch.

In that article, it states he was arrested in the FBI's Operation Foul Ball. He admitted using an east coast authenticating firm to authenticate his game-model jerseys as game used. The east coast firm was Grey Flannel.

Most of the "game used" items he sold on ebay before being arrested by the FBI, had Grey Flannel letters. He plead guilty.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to the best of my knowledge, mitchell is on ebay as "masauction". steve, i think your questions have been answered? mitchell's also on this forum but i've yet to see him post. perhaps he has some insight into turtlegrrl18/asi/historic?

rudy.