Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Banned

Re: ASI / Historic Auctions / Expert Sports Authentication

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I have no issue with the jerseys. I was amazed with the number of Yankees jerseys that Turtle purchased.
    Yes, I can see your concern with that being the issue here.

Banned

I can say this about MASAUCTION as I dealt with him on a few occasions. He was a stand up guy with me. I am familiar where he got some of his items from. I do not know where he got the Roger Clemens from but I do know he won quite a few lots during the GREY FLANNEL/STEINER AUCTION back in febuary and was break up the lots and selling them piece by piece.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I can say this about MASAUCTION as I dealt with him on a few occasions. He was a stand up guy with me. I am familiar where he got some of his items from. I do not know where he got the Roger Clemens from but I do know he won quite a few lots during the GREY FLANNEL/STEINER AUCTION back in febuary and was break up the lots and selling them piece by piece.
    If he did in fact purchase them from the Grey Flannel/Steiner auction, why didn't he indicate they originated from Steiner? Why didn't the Steiner rep, whom Andrew talked to, explain that the jerseys were from the auction instead of offering up "no comment"? Seems a little strange to me. Not questioning the authenticity of the jerseys, just wondering.

Tim

Everyone-

This thread has nothing to do with masauction or yankees pro cuts or steiner. If you would like to have the discussion about pro cuts and the hobby, might I suggest you open an new thread and stick to facts. Please stay away from "could be's" or "might happen's."

There are some very serious hobby issues contained in this thread- people have some some great work here, and we should keep focus.

Thank you
    Eric

Hey guys for all the game issued fans. Here's something store issued. Another Historic piece of crap.

The auction description read "This game used bat shows nice use including ball and lace marks on the bat barrel"

Good Luck Everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I love how Wells "authenticated" it when there's a line under 125 on the bat and shows no signs of use whatsoever. Yikes.

Tim

Banned

This thread should be saved as an educational tool for those just beginning to collect as well as long term collectors. Maybe it's a good thing that MLB and other leagues are taking more interest in game used items to sell for their own auctions since the memorabilia market (like any other marketplace) will always be full of those willing to try to make a quick buck and take advantage of others.

Banned

Tim-
    Better yet, how about Brad's title-HEAD Authenticator.

Classic!

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.met

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo View Post
    I love how Wells "authenticated" it when there's a line under 125 on the bat and shows no signs of use whatsoever. Yikes.

Tim

In reading this long but fascinating thread, I noticed some references to MASAuction. Wasn't there an auction company by that name owned by a guy named Mitch (last name escapes me--might have been Schumacher) and wasn't he convicted at one point of selling fake items? This might have been part of the big FBI sting that was widely reported in Sports Collectors Digest for a couple of years (or it might have been a separate investigation, I don't remember). Does anybody know if this Ebay seller using the name MASAuction is the same guy who cheated collectors?
    --Steve

I would recommend that if you want to discuss this topic, that it be posted in a different thread AND it be very important to stick with facts.

I can tell you that Mr Schumaker has always been a helpful resource for me and has helped me work towards improving the hobby. He has nothing to do with this thread or what transpired with historic auctions.

Eric