Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: ASI / Historic Auctions / Expert Sports Authentication

Rudy - Here is an ARod from MASAUCTION. The pictures were still attached.

What do you think of this tagging:

UN-USED Alex Rodriguez 2004 New York Yankees game jersey (no Steiner cert). Item number: 270024462240
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%2B%26fvi%3D1

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    aug 2005 - scott/sandman87 sells a david wright norfolk tides gamer via ebay to "gulfbaytradingcompany" in seminole, florida. james brown, a partner in historic auctions, is in seminole, florida. scott's david wright jersey winds up in the first historic auctions auction.
    Do you mean gulftobaytrading on ebay? An account which is no longer a registered user
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=STRK:MESO:UID

Look up Gulf To Bay Trading Company and you'll find once again a connection to Young Republican Management Systen

https://www.yrms.org/index.cfm?&fuseaction=public.terms

There is also a website with no content on it at

http://www.gulftobaytrading.com/

Angry comment telling me to "get a life" to follow
    Eric

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I was curious to see the Yankees Clemens 2003 from that list above as we have one direct from Steiner, but the pictures have been removed from the eBay listing. The seller was MASAUCTION. How in the world can they get so many perfectly tagged "unused" jerseys? These jerseys are selling for big dollars too at $795 for that Clemens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2707%26fvi%3D1
    The pictures are removed by eBay after 60 days or so for all auctions. This seller was offering an "un-used game jersey" and they also referred to it is a "pro-cut jersey". I understand concern with who the buyer of the jersey was, but what is wrong with this jersey that you question the seller?

I was curious to see the Yankees Clemens 2003 from that list above as we have one direct from Steiner, but the pictures have been removed from the eBay listing. The seller was MASAUCTION. How in the world can they get so many perfectly tagged "unused" jerseys? These jerseys are selling for big dollars too at $795 for that Clemens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2707%26fvi%3D1
    Let's stick to the subject.
    We're going down the wrong road questioning someone who sells game cuts.
    There's nothing wrong with buying or selling game cuts as long as they stay game cuts.
    Please don't get carried away here folks.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Let's stick to the subject.
    We're going down the wrong road questioning someone who sells game cuts.
    There's nothing wrong with buying or selling game cuts as long as they stay game cuts.
    Please don't get carried away here folks.
    Eric
    There is nothing wrong with selling game issued or pro-cut especially when labeled game issued or pro-cut. We personally have been selling Michael Jordan pro-cuts.

Game issued are generally fine when they actually are "game issued". The Yankees jerseys sold by MASAUCTION look fine to me, but I am skeptical due to the whole Steiner Yankee control of the jerseys.

My question is simply how this seller gets an ARod and Clemens and other Yankees "game issued" outside of Steiner. I am very happy they are not pawned off as game used.

I have spoken to my Steiner rep specifically about these and he said "no comment".

My question is simply how this seller gets an ARod and Clemens and other Yankees "game issued" outside of Steiner. I am very happy they are not pawned off as game used.
    ****INAPPROPRIATE COMMENT REMOVED*******

I have spoken to my Steiner rep specifically about these and he said "no comment".
    Well, that's certainly not very helpful. Do you think he has no clue or is this a top secret operation?

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

There is nothing wrong with selling game issued or pro-cut especially when labeled game issued or pro-cut. We personally have been selling Michael Jordan pro-cuts.

Game issued are generally fine when they actually are "game issued". The Yankees jerseys sold by MASAUCTION look fine to me, but I am skeptical due to the whole Steiner Yankee control of the jerseys.

Where is the Clemens jersey mentioned as being "game issued" as you asked in quotes? I just looked at the auction and since you used quotes, please explain what you were quoting as it was never used in those terms.

Even if it was, what "game issued" means to you and what it means to others is a different story. "Game issued" can mean game ready, but who decided that a "game issued" jersey had to hang in the locker room? It has been debated on these forums time and time again. There is no concrete terminology on this forum or in eBay's rules about what these terms really mean.

"Pro-cut" and "Un-used game" are similar terms, but if you are bidding on this item, wouldn't you ask questions of the seller in advance of if this item was ever in the team's possession before bidding? Then again, don't you think a seller would tell you if the item came right from the team to attract a higher ending price?

Did you email the seller and ask your questions before posting your questions on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Where is the Clemens jersey mentioned as being "game issued" as you asked in quotes? I just looked at the auction and since you used quotes, please explain what you were quoting as it was never used in those terms.

Even if it was, what "game issued" means to you and what it means to others is a different story. "Game issued" can mean game ready, but who decided that a "game issued" jersey had to hang in the locker room? It has been debated on these forums time and time again. There is no concrete terminology on this forum or in eBay's rules about what these terms really mean.

"Pro-cut" and "Un-used game" are similar terms, but if you are bidding on this item, wouldn't you ask questions of the seller in advance of if this item was ever in the team's possession before bidding? Then again, don't you think a seller would tell you if the item came right from the team to attract a higher ending price?

Did you email the seller and ask your questions before posting your questions on the forum?
    Joel,

I think you're getting your forum rules mixed up. Andrew never said the jersey was bad. In fact, he stated that the jerseys were "perfectly tagged 'unused' jerseys." He is curious as to how and where someone can get Yankees superstar jerseys outside of Steiner. Are you suggesting that he really should have contacted Mitch to ask him this? First of all, that would be silly. Second of all, that may be construed as an inappropriate usage of the eBay messaging system (as it could be interpreted as solicitation for outside business).

Lastly, Andrew put "un-used" in quotes with reference to Mitch's jerseys (which you did, yourself - see your post at 4:16pm today) and not "game issued" as you stated he did. He used "game issued" in quotes in a later post in the context of a general discussion about game issued jerseys being sold as game issued as opposed to game worn.

Not that I'm trying to end this discussion, but Eric asked us to stick to the focus of the thread. We should all agree to follow this suggestion.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Reid, read the last post by AllStarPlus - They used quoted in the term "game issued".

I think if he is going to question the seller's items, they should email their concerns to the seller first, per forum policy. Then they can report the seller's reply if they have an issue with it.

Ok, what has been done with the new information on Historic Auctions - James Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Reid, read the last post by AllStarPlus - They used quoted in the term "game issued"
    I think if he is going to question the seller's items, they should email their concerns to the seller first, per forum policy. Then they can report the seller's reply if they have an issue with it.

Ok, what has been done with the new information on Historic Auctions - James Brown?
    Joel - I know you can't speak for the seller. I don't know the seller and feel no reason to email him since I am not accusing him of anything. Un-used just means that it hasn't been used by definition. It then can be further classified as un-used game issued, un-used pro-cut, un-used authentic or un-used replica. Look at the ARod tagging. Is that a un-used game issued? Is there a reason it was called un-used and not game issued with that type of tagging? Is it a pro-cut or an authentic or a replica???

Most Yankee jerseys on Rudy's list were listed as un-used with the exception of a Matsui was game issued by ProSportsInvestments http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9%2B%26fvi%3D1.

UN-USED Alex Rodriguez 2004 New York Yankees game jersey (no Steiner cert). Item number: 270024462240

UN-USED Alex Rodriguez 2004 New York Yankees Game Jersey (no Steiner cert). Item number: 8827832447

UN-USED Roger Clemens 2003 New York Yankees Game Jersey (no Steiner cert). Item number: 8827832707

GAME ISSUED Hideki Matsui New York Yankees Jersey (no Steiner cert). Item number: 220002309089

UN-USED Hideki Matsui 2004 New York Yankees Game Jersey (no Steiner cert). Item number: 8827841704

UN-USED Derek Jeter 2004 New York Yankees Game Jersey (no Steiner cert). Item number: 8827842531

I have no issue with the jerseys. I was amazed with the number of Yankees jerseys that Turtle purchased.