Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

MLB auction shipping costs

So last night I won two jerseys and I have to pay $12 EACH for shipping, today I was looking at batting gloves and they want $15 to ship them. First of all the dual shipping charge is ridiculous but to have a higher shipping charge for a pair of batting gloves than a jersey?!?!?

Re: MLB auction shipping costs

Were the auctions from two different teams? That might explain the discrepancy in shipping prices.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

it was the fall league stuff and actually no, they were both for the Phoenix Desert Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    it was the fall league stuff and actually no, they were both for the Phoenix Desert Dogs.
    oh neverming, I misread what you said.

As I said the jerseys were from the fall league, the batting gloves I specifically looked at were the Justin Upton gloves, not really interested in buying any (batting gloves really aren't my thing) I was just looking and noticed the shipping cost.

I've long since given up trying to put any rhyme or reason to the MLB auctions shipping costs. Now to be sure, I do realize that many items are shipped by the teams themselves and not MLB so there's no set shipping matrix but still. I've paid as little as $10 to have a base with the metal post shipped and as much as $18 to have a lineup card shipped from a few states away. Anymore I just check and know the shipping cost so that it's taken into consideration when I'm bidding.

You should try international post. Up to $100 for a jersey/cleats (although not so bad recently - $60 is max i've seen). I think it's because they use the bees knees of postal tracking.

Maybe it's delivered under a cloche and the postie opens it in front of you...

paid twice for shipping two jerseys that showed up packaged together in one small box today.