Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

anybody else getting fake eBay emails saying watched item re-listed???

HI there GUU collectors !!!! The spoofer is trying to trick you and I ! This has been happening for about 3-4 weeks . Not long after posting an ad on GUU advertising some Devil Rays jerseys I started to get these emails . Don't know if someone is stealing our emails off of GUU or are able to monitor items on ebay ?? I am not accusing GUU of any wrong doing (got to put my disclosure in) . The email always contains a game used bat that I have actually viewed on ebay but never watched the said item . Of course I never clicked on any of the links provided by the emails . I have forwarded 3 of the spoof emails to spoof@ebay.com so far . You should do the same if you have received or do receive any . Has this been happeneing to anyone else ????????????? ebay did respond back all 3 times and told me the emails did not come from ebay !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Re: anybody else getting fake eBay emails saying watched item re-listed???

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    HI there GUU collectors !!!! The spoofer is trying to trick you and I ! This has been happening for about 3-4 weeks . Not long after posting an ad on GUU advertising some Devil Rays jerseys I started to get these emails . Don't know if someone is stealing our emails off of GUU or are able to monitor items on ebay ?? I am not accusing GUU of any wrong doing (got to put my disclosure in) . The email always contains a game used bat that I have actually viewed on ebay but never watched the said item . Of course I never clicked on any of the links provided by the emails . I have forwarded 3 of the spoof emails to spoof@ebay.com so far . You should do the same if you have received or do receive any . Has this been happeneing to anyone else ????????????? ebay did respond back all 3 times and told me the emails did not come from ebay !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I get 3-4 emails a day that look sort of like a buyer asking me a question about an eBay item, but it is obvious they are phony as they never state what the item is in the eBay message.

The best thing to do, other than emailing the email to spoof@ebay.com (also for phone PayPal, go to spoof@paypal.com) is to answer any questions through your My eBay page, which should be accessed from your eBay homepage and not from any links in any emails.

I get those all the time. Spoofing spoofers.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

It's becoming more frequent. My favorite one is one that I've gotten at least 3 different times over a 7 month period. It's a "buyer" telling me that they "received all of the sports cards" they won from me "but the Shaquille O'Neal card is different than the one in the auction listing" and what can they do about it. Funny thing is, I've never sold a sports card in my life. Iwas sending them to spoof@ebay.com but I've just deleted the last one. I'm convinced ebay doesn't do a thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    It's becoming more frequent. My favorite one is one that I've gotten at least 3 different times over a 7 month period. It's a "buyer" telling me that they "received all of the sports cards" they won from me "but the Shaquille O'Neal card is different than the one in the auction listing" and what can they do about it. Funny thing is, I've never sold a sports card in my life. Iwas sending them to spoof@ebay.com but I've just deleted the last one. I'm convinced ebay doesn't do a thing about it.
    I got that same exact e-mail!!

Banned

WELL I JUST GOT 2 DAYS AGO THE KING OF ALL SCAMS!!!
    I liked to see any one top this.

SOMEONE ACTUALLY PURCHASED MY ITEM BY CLICKING ON "Buy it Now"

Then 5 minutes later sent me an email saying they want to send me a Money Order for my item from there client. The amount will be made out to more then what my item was selling for, so if I can take the remaining money and send it to ther client in Africa.

They then told me they will arrange for a pick up by DHL and make sure I cash the Money Order immediately at my bank and find a Western Union to send the money cash to Africa.

HAS ANYONE ELSE GOT ANYTHING LIKE THIS?????

I get those emails all the time. I wouldn't send anything to anyone. They just had a similiar story on the news. Guy took the check to the bank, deposited it. Was told it cleared, then sent $4,900 to someone. The check
    bounced . He's out the $4900. What a shame.

These scammers are worthless. Jason, I think someone on this forum got an email like yours a while back and pulled a pretty good prank on them in return. After the guy received the bogus check, he sent the scammers a box of rocks, COD. You did get their address, right? You should send them a couple bags of spinach.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Banned

SkipCarey I agree now it just pisses me off bcuz I have to wait to get my fees refunded back to me by ebay and then relist the item.

Unfortunately I have had the same "Buy it Now" issues so eBay gave me a couple of good suggestions in Seller Preferences---I now require a buyer to be PayPal approved and to not have a Negative rating in order to bid on one of my listings.

I only wish eBay allowed you to not allow buyers with ratings under a +2 or some rating like that to require "prior approval" to bid. There are too many bidders that will buy a $1 item and get a quick Positive rating and then start to scam.

Since I have installed the "PayPal approved", I haven't had problems. Most scammers aren't going thru the trouble of getting PayPal approved---at least I hope.

Just some suggestions--hope they help.

Andrew