Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Looking for Braves

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    The Braves jerseys on Radke Sports have the incorrect font on the nameplates. The Braves did not use the block font in 2005.

-Henry
    That's funny I guess you know more than the Braves organization. I have the receipt of the purchase of those jerseys from the Atlanta Braves stating them as game used. The Atlanta Braves's opinion is a bit better than yours. Nice try!

One more thing a photo of Francoeur holding up the jersey, signed with the inscription "Game Used Rookie Year". Buy what you will, but I am skeptical about some guys attempt to be the all knowing Braves jersey expert on the Forum.

check this image out on getty its from 2005. you're arguement has been de-bunked.

Image #53468558

Quote Originally Posted by radtke View Post
    check this image out on getty its from 2005. you're arguement has been de-bunked.

Image #53468558
    To me, this the photo clearly shows Francoeur wearing an arched nameplate. In fact, except for the BP jerseys, I couldn't find any pics of Francoeur, Chipper or Andruw wearing block lettering in 2005. From what I understand, the team ditched the arched style this year because the block style is easier to sew on jerseys. I'm slightly open to believing that the Braves MIGHT have used block lettering for Andruw, Chipper or Francoeur. But why would they? They knew Francoeur would get called up eventually in 2005, so I wouldn't think they'd have to scramble to make a jersey for him. And there's really no excuse to give Chipper or Andruw jerseys that didn't have arched plates.

I have seen Braves players in person prior to 2006 wearing jerseys with block style nameplates and with oddly spaced lettering. However, I would wager that most, if not all, of those were worn by guys that had either recently been called up or acquired via trade.

I realize you might've gotten those jerseys from the team. And I'm not saying they are or aren't real, nor am I trying to start an argument. But I wouldn't trust the Braves wholeheartedly with regard to their COAs. I once bought two replica jerseys from them (no number, name or year tag), yet I still received two COAs stating the jerseys were game worn. Also, most players today wouldn't be able to recognize one of their own game used jerseys. Bats, shoes, helmets, gloves? Probably. And some guys - such as Andruw Jones - will add "game used" to just about anything.

Do your jerseys happen to have MLB holograms?
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Look at the jersey we are selling on radtkesports.com it matches the getty photos, that guy who posted is blind.

Rich - I must be blind, too, because they don't even look close. Compare #71271983 (from 2006 - non arched) to #55779633 (2005 - arched, taken during the same game as your image #53468558). There is clearly an arched nameplate on the back of the 2005 jersey.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Why is it in the Game Used Realm everyone is an expert? Why is it that when you have team authentication, a player signed jersey with a photo, and the getty images match, you still run into people stating it's not game used. I realize that the people will always doubt and you should do your homework, but some people post on here as experts of jerseys and have no idea what they are talking about. This is not directed at you Skip.

can you please show me the difference of the Fonts of these 2 jerseys worn in 2005. One is McCann image #55868469 with the Francoeur jersey on Radtkesports.com There is no Font difference and it is from the same year. What else do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by radtke View Post
    can you please show me the difference of the Fonts of these 2 jerseys worn in 2005. One is McCann image #55868469 with the Francoeur jersey on Radtkesports.com There is no Font difference and it is from the same year. What else do you need?
    Images #55868930 is from the same 2005 game. Image #57561742 is from 2006. You really can't see a difference? At any rate, let me restate that I'm not arguing whether your jerseys are good or not. I will stand firm on the fact that both images you referenced show jerseys with nameplates that do not match the ones on your website.

For further reference, next time you're at BP Sports, take a look at the framed Smoltz jersey behind his counter. Arched nameplate. Then compare it to those red Sunday jerseys that McCann and Chipper signed last week, as well as ones that haven't yet been signed by Francouer, if they're from this year. Non-arching nameplates.

Off topic for a moment here. Rich, have you picked up anything from Vick yet? Monday's game should be fun to watch. Would love to see him air it out a little more than last week.

The McCann Image is from the NLDS Game in 05' which is the same year as the Francoeur jersey which is also an 05' You and I must see different things when it comes to looking at these nameplates because they look identical to me.

As far as the Vick 06 stuff we have it in hand here is what we have:

Vick's Carolina and Bucs Jersey Unlaundered
    Vick's Pants from The Bucs and Carolina Game Unlaundered
    Vick's Shoes from Both Games '06 Style (really neat)

I can't wait until Monday Night.