Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Bob Gibson???? ROTFL

Grey Flannel is calling this a Bob Gibson 1981 Coach's jacket.
    http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...n-Bench-Jacket

The Mets started wearing this type jacket in 1984. It is surely a Paul Gibson 1992-3 Mets Starter jacket. Amazing that he also wore 45! This hobby is maddening.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Re: Bob Gibson???? ROTFL

Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    Grey Flannel is calling this a Bob Gibson 1981 Coach's jacket.
    http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...n-Bench-Jacket

The Mets started wearing this type jacket in 1984. It is surely a Paul Gibson 1992-3 Mets Starter jacket. Amazing that he also wore 45! This hobby is maddening.
    Cool find.

Did you notify Grey Flannel of the error? I'm sure they will be embarrassed but they will correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Cool find.

Did you notify Grey Flannel of the error? I'm sure they will be embarrassed but they will correct it.
    I sent them an email...let's see what happens.

I love these jackets, but this one is worth about $100...they should send it to me for free for saving them the shame of auctioning it.

They were very nice about it and took it off the website.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    They were very nice about it and took it off the website.
    If only they'd been as responsible regarding that phony Don Meredith jersey a few auctions back. When I emailed my concerns, two guys called me back and proceeded to harangue me for 20 minutes--warning me not to interfere with the auction or knock them on this site.

Banned

Wow. I feel bad for the consigner thinking he had a Bob Gibson jacket and it turns out to be Paul's. What are the odds of two guys with the same last name wearing the same number in the same decade? Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Wow. I feel bad for the consigner thinking he had a Bob Gibson jacket and it turns out to be Paul's. What are the odds of two guys with the same last name wearing the same number in the same decade? Crazy.
    Perhaps Paul picked number 45 because when he was a kid his friends called him Bob and he thought it was cool...or maybe Charlie Samuels was thinking ahead to when he could sell the stuff as Bob Gibson's so he gave Paul the same number.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I have a similar situation. I collect GU Twins bats from the 1962-65 period mostly, and a few years ago was able to purchase a block letter, H&B George Banks, that he used while playing for Cleveland in '64-'66. Turns out, Banks wore #14 and the number is written on the knob. It is also a model S2, 35".

So, I have a mid-1960s game used bat, S2, 35", vintage #14 on the knob, and "BANKS" on the barrel. Basically, it matches Ernie Bank's shipping records exactly, same uniform number and name. Only difference is that Ernie's bats at that time were signature models.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Cool find.

Here's another embarrassment for them:

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...px?lotid=26239

A CIRCA 1980's Twins Rod Carew cap. Carew's last year as a Twin was 1978.

Can't they do even basic research on these items?