Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    Actually, you are incorrect, Chris didn't call anyone here a troll. If you aren't trolling, then you should be concerned with Chris' story.

Sorry, if you aren't trolling, then you shouldn't be concerned with Chris' story.

Banned

He did so call some of us "TROLLS". Read it again..........

All were doing is trying to rid our hobby of trouble makers, scum bags, and forgers.... If you guys don't like what were doing then good luck to you down the road when someone rips you off. I better not hear from you on this site about your troubles then!

CHRIS,
    Once again I ask you to answer my question from my post #334. I would like to hear what you have to say. I've made several post asking you to answer my questions but for some reason you won't. I evern sent you an email asking you to answer my questions but I still haven't heard from you. WHY IS THAT??

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    So Chris now your calling most of us "TROLLS" because we stand up for what we beleive in.
    Let's be very clear Jamie. I am not calling most of the people on the forum trolls. I am calling YOU a troll.

Here are the reasons for my statement:

1) You post that you have a "friend" with confidential information who "think[s] if they will post you will get mad and ban them like anyone else." I then stated no one has ever been banned for any reason other than the fact that they violated the forum rules and, just to make sure they are clear, I gave my personal guarantee that they will not be banned if they state their opinions in accordance with the forum rules. Yet, this "friend" of yours has not posted anything that I can see.

2) You state "I was asked by one of your moderates to ask you some questions as I did. I know he should stand up and say something but he won't. He's the one with information not me. I don't know anything more then the rest of you." Yet, when I asked the moderators, none of them said this statement is correct. Therefore, either you or this presumed moderator is not telling the truth. To be very candid, given what I know about all the moderators as well as what I am seeing from you, my money is on the moderators telling the truth.

3) We now see how you "want to thank all of you that has sent me private emails about all of this. It's good to know that I have so many people on here that like what I'm doing to rid our hobby of the bad guys that are out there." Why do they need to send private emails? They can post it here. If you haven't been banned certainly they can't be afraid of being banned as you so adamently claim. Please tell all of these people they can feel free to post how they like what you are doing here. Better yet, I'll tell them myself. Hello everyone sending these private emails to Jamie. Please feel free to post that you like what Jamie is doing here. There will be no reprecussions for you stating your opinion.

In addition, regarding your question about answering your questions in post #334, I have already done so. Here is the relevant information from my last post:

"as for any questions based on "what ifs", I can assure you GUU will continue to operate, as always, with the utmost integrity and that all its administrative actions will be consistent with that objective once all the details are disclosed."

Dude, your tactics are so transparent they are almost absurd. I have stated why JO is being allowed to post and that is for the sole reason of explaining things here if he choses to do so. I have no interest in discussing this further with someone that seems to have no purpose but to try to create controversy.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

I come on here and try to do best for the hobby and I get blasted for it. I do favor for other people and I look like the bad guy. Yes, there is one of your moderators that's not telling you the truth!! I've had enough here maybe Andrew Lang could stand up for once and come on here and tell everyone what you told me and asked me to do. So I don't look like the bad guy. Now you know everything hope your happy now...

- This entire thread has gotten really sad...

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    I come on here and try to do best for the hobby and I get blasted for it. I do favor for other people and I look like the bad guy. Yes, there is one of your moderators that's not telling you the truth!! I've had enough here maybe Andrew Lang could stand up for once and come on here and tell everyone what you told me and asked me to do. So I don't look like the bad guy. Now you know everything hope your happy now...
    Jamie, not sure why you are pushing this. I sent this to Chris and the other Moderators yesterday.

As I told you, I don't want to be involved and don't need to be involved as I try to stay neutral unless I am involved in it personally. My initial email was about your post to a Redskins posting. You sent me to the Extreme Skins site. I told you I had some information but didn't want to post publicly. Later I told you other people covered that information.

I sent this to you in response to your email on Oct 30th at 11:22am and I think if it is taken in context, I was saying you should post your questions on that 11:22am email.

This was my statement to you:

"I think if he is found guilty of fraud by conviction or a plea deal he should be banned but that is me, I don't own the GUU. Maybe you can post that as a question to Chris. "
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Wow this thread has gotten sad. We as collectors should focus our time on cleaning up the hobby and not fighting amongst each other. We are grown men and women we should all be above attacking each other and each other's actions and opinions.

Banned

Andrew,
    I asked some questions you brought up and I had. Thats all. You told me some inofrmation and then you told me the were other that new more. I just did and said what we talked about. I asked you many times to stand up and say something. I understand that somethings you told me were cover by other posts but some wasn't. I never dragged you into this until I started to get blasted for things we both were wondering. Sorry I brought you into this but I'm not going to get me name dragged through the mud for trying to do the right thing.

I will stay out of this from here on out. But if my name or my thoughts are brought into question I will respond.

I'd be (only nearly, apparently) the last person in the world to defend JO. Having said that, I want to applaud Chris for not censoring the board via banning or closing the thread and instead inviting information of all types.

I myself had an interaction with JO, and for some time the historic thread about my own interaction was closed in such a fashion that I feared the worst about the forum's neutrality.

Ultimately, while my own opinions and observations have been and continue to be quite negative about what is (or was) the JO business (even without presuming fraud), I'm proud as a GUU member to observe that Chris and GUU are handling this flare up within this particular thread in quite a tolerant fashion.

Whether any of us enjoy reading the flare up (and I don't), its important to realize that whenever there is a flare on any subject the truth will be equally apparent to all observers who can assess the situation wholly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Let's be very clear Jamie. I am not calling most of the people on the forum trolls. I am calling YOU a troll.

Here are the reasons for my statement:

1) You post that you have a "friend" with confidential information who "think[s] if they will post you will get mad and ban them like anyone else." I then stated no one has ever been banned for any reason other than the fact that they violated the forum rules and, just to make sure they are clear, I gave my personal guarantee that they will not be banned if they state their opinions in accordance with the forum rules. Yet, this "friend" of yours has not posted anything that I can see.

2) You state "I was asked by one of your moderates to ask you some questions as I did. I know he should stand up and say something but he won't. He's the one with information not me. I don't know anything more then the rest of you." Yet, when I asked the moderators, none of them said this statement is correct. Therefore, either you or this presumed moderator is not telling the truth. To be very candid, given what I know about all the moderators as well as what I am seeing from you, my money is on the moderators telling the truth.

3) We now see how you "want to thank all of you that has sent me private emails about all of this. It's good to know that I have so many people on here that like what I'm doing to rid our hobby of the bad guys that are out there." Why do they need to send private emails? They can post it here. If you haven't been banned certainly they can't be afraid of being banned as you so adamently claim. Please tell all of these people they can feel free to post how they like what you are doing here. Better yet, I'll tell them myself. Hello everyone sending these private emails to Jamie. Please feel free to post that you like what Jamie is doing here. There will be no reprecussions for you stating your opinion.

In addition, regarding your question about answering your questions in post #334, I have already done so. Here is the relevant information from my last post:

"as for any questions based on "what ifs", I can assure you GUU will continue to operate, as always, with the utmost integrity and that all its administrative actions will be consistent with that objective once all the details are disclosed."

Dude, your tactics are so transparent they are almost absurd. I have stated why JO is being allowed to post and that is for the sole reason of explaining things here if he choses to do so. I have no interest in discussing this further with someone that seems to have no purpose but to try to create controversy.

Sincerely,
    Chris