Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Wayne Otto. Opinions?

hello,

If anyone has dealt with Wayne Otto / gamewornuniforms.com, can
    you please share your opinion of him and your dealings?

Bad, good, etc.

thanks,

Rudy.

Wayne Otto. Opinions?

I've dealt with him on several occasions, and find him to be very good to work with. He is extremely good on some of the older items, and has a great selection.

I know I ran into a case, where he was a bit stubborn, with the Devil Ray Green jerseys from 2004. I traced down photos or game clips of all but five games from that season and found they never wore those jerseys in a game. The only exception is the japan series, but those have a white patch on the sleeve, and his do not. I did, however, find several photos that proved they were worn in Spring Training games.

He had a guy working for him a few months ago that was superb, knew his stuff, and was great to work with. Whoever is there, now, I've noticed a few things slip by, but who is perfect? They are still very kind and courteous.

Overall I'd give them an "A"

Re: Wayne Otto. Opinions?

Other than the occasional eBay item, you're not going to find any bargains here, but the quality is generally good.

Quote Originally Posted by ahuff
    I've dealt with him on several occasions, and find him to be very good to work with. He is extremely good on some of the older items, and has a great selection.

I know I ran into a case, where he was a bit stubborn, with the Devil Ray Green jerseys from 2004. I traced down photos or game clips of all but five games from that season and found they never wore those jerseys in a game. The only exception is the japan series, but those have a white patch on the sleeve, and his do not. I did, however, find several photos that proved they were worn in Spring Training games.

He had a guy working for him a few months ago that was superb, knew his stuff, and was great to work with. Whoever is there, now, I've noticed a few things slip by, but who is perfect? They are still very kind and courteous.

Overall I'd give them an "A"
    I asked them about all of their Devil Rays jerseys in stock and told me they were all game worn. They have the correct tagging and I can confirm that the green ones were worn in ST and not in games. I've seen a few of those with the Japan series patch from when they played against the Yankees there but I don't think Wayne has any, does he?

Tim

Ahuff et al: how did you contact Wayne? i can't find an email address for him.

Bigtime: you're right about the lack of bargains. while i understand anybody is free to set any price they want, some of the prices on his site are almost hilarious. here are a few that made me chuckle:

1991 Detroit Tigers - Tony Clark home jersey - $1300
    1990 Detroit Tigers - Travis Fryman road jersey - $1100
    1993 Detroit Tigers - Mike Moore road jersey - $900

Rudy.