Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Beware Of Movie Props / Wardrobe

i have received a canteen that was suppose to be used in the movie dances with the wolfs from the ellis prop company does anybody know if i can tell if it did come from there all that is on the canteen is a tag no lot number or auction number thanks for any hellp

Banned

----------------

Seriously doubt you have a legitimate Ellis prop. Who did you purchase it from? A lot of yard sale junk is passed off as movie used items.

----------------

Smile Re: Beware Of Movie Props / Wardrobe

Hi Sammy, I'm glad that you have posted information about The Costume Collection Auctions here. I have been looking for information about them. Could you help me with a little information? I have four small wardrobe items with COAs from The Costume Collection. I'm researching them to document their authenticity. The COAs are hand signed. The dealer I purchased my items from did not include any letters. He did state that these items were acquired from The Costume Collection sales in 2001. I do not know if they were purchased from the private sale or the public sale. Does the catalog list everything that was for sale in both auctions? In your catalog are there any items listed from the film: Interview with the Vampire? Thank you for your help.

Banned

Hi,

I do not have a catalog for the CC auction. To my knowledge there was not one made. Mine is for the Ellis auction.

If you can post a nice scan of one of the COAs that came with your item(s), I can give you a better idea.

What are the first and last name initials of the dealer you purchased these from?

Smile Re: Beware Of Movie Props / Wardrobe

Hi Sammy, Thank you. The dealer "JM". I'm working on the COA scan... it is hand signed by "JL". Oh, your catalog is Ellis, ok. I haven't been able to find a Costume Collection Catalog yet...

Hi Sammy,

I recently acquired this item that was purported to be from the Bonanza TV show, and was wondering if it might be listed in your Ellis auction catalog.

I assume that the number on the bottom was some sort of inventory number, but am not sure.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim

I know I'm "Walter Cronkite" with the late news,but to Godfather fans and anyone thinking about acquiring the gun that was used by Pacino to shoot Sterling Hayden I say this and it is the truth. The gun used in that scene(s) Clemenza basement,bathroom,and restaurant,belongs to Det Sonny Grosso NYPD. It was his actual off duty gun.( He had two parts in that movie.He was one of the machine-gun killers of James Caan at the toll booth,and he was the cop who told Sterling Hayden in front of the hospital that Michael was a war hero). It was this real life French Connection Detectives gun that was used in those scenes. He still has his off duty off course and it was never for sale. Anyone claiming to be selling this particular gun is misinformed and wrong.
    I last spoke to Det Grosso last week and he gearing up for his second hip replacement which he's not to thrilled about. He also said that another detective was used as an extra (Det Joe Nunziata)in that causeway scene machine gunning Caan,and was the real life detective portrayed as Det Gino Mosconi in The Prince of the City,who killed himself tragically. There's a lot of back stories to The Godfather,but that the gun used by Michael was available
    is absolutely false.

I have dealt with some of the Hollywood types here with the understanding that there may have been multiples as previously discussed. Collecting movie worns is a little trickier than game worns however I have found and acquired some great items from the following movies:

A League of Their Own
    All the Right Moves
    Angels in the Outfield
    Any Given Sunday
    Babe
    Baseketball
    Best of Times
    Blackhawk Down
    Blind Side
    Brian's Song 2002
    Broken Arrow
    Cobb
    Cool Runnings
    Damn Yankees
    Drums Along the Mohawk
    Everybody's All American
    Express-Ernie Davis Story
    Faculty
    Friday Night Lights TELEVISION
    Friday Night Lights
    Game Plan
    Gridiron Gang
    Gus
    Hell's Kitchen
    Independence Day
    Invincible
    Johnny Be Good
    Keep Your Head Up Kid: Don Cherry
    Last Boy Scout
    Leatherheads
    Longest Yard
    Mighty Ducks 2
    Mighty Ducks 3
    Miracle
    Miracle on Ice
    Mystery Alaska
    Natural
    Necessary Roughness
    Net Worth
    North Dallas Forty
    Not Another Teen Movie
    Pearl Harbor
    Program
    Radio
    Remember the Titans
    School Ties
    Scorpion King
    Sixty One*
    Slap Shot 2
    The Replacements
    Varsity Blues
    Waterboy
    We Are Marshall
    We Three Kings
    We Were Soldiers

I have also indicated in the past, my willingness to help fellow collectors who may be considering getting something from these movies and what some of the characteristics of mine are. This is a hobby of sharing however I get discouraged when posts appear that sometimes paint all movie worns exist under a cloud of suspicion, they don't.

The pride and joy of my collection is the actor portraying Jim Craig in Miracle's mask and Leo Gorcey's hockey jersey from the 1939 movie, Hell's Kitchen.

Larry Pelliccioni

Larry, just curious, what do you have from We were Soldiers?

Larry-wondering if you have any idea where Ricky Watters jersey from "Any Given Sunday" is, after it was sold by GF a few years back. I would offer a very fair price for it.

thanks much
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com