Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Michael Vick - mmonte4 Nonsense

As for stain placement...... The game pics provided above were taken with a digital camera on a 10 foot projector screen so there is a huge amount of size distortion from left to right and top to bottom as the photograph stood to the side of the screen to keep his shadow from blocking the picture. The stains remnants are identically positioned. That remaining stain that you see is after the jersey was semi cleaned during the game and then washed after the game. The stain on the left was part of a much much larger blood splatter stain that was poorly (half) removed by the VT training staff in between the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th Quarter which is clearly evident on the game video. Its amazing how negative the forum members have become. It's like a public lynching with no valid justification outside of an uneducated quick opinion.

Re: Michael Vick - $8,500 photomatch "error"

I think you should be able to properly defend a jersey you are asking over 8 grand for. And there clearly is some gaping question marks about it unfortunately. For someone to spend that kind of loot, you should be open to whatever questions come about. I find the questions raised completely justified. Just my two cents.

So what ever happened to this jersey? I don't see it on eBay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VerifiedAutographsCom View Post
    As for stain placement...... The game pics provided above were taken with a digital camera on a 10 foot projector screen so there is a huge amount of size distortion from left to right and top to bottom as the photograph stood to the side of the screen to keep his shadow from blocking the picture. The stains remnants are identically positioned. That remaining stain that you see is after the jersey was semi cleaned during the game and then washed after the game. The stain on the left was part of a much much larger blood splatter stain that was poorly (half) removed by the VT training staff in between the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th Quarter which is clearly evident on the game video. Its amazing how negative the forum members have become. It's like a public lynching with no valid justification outside of an uneducated quick opinion.
    even if so, blood dosn't just get up and move itself down an inch and show no signs or trace of where the blood was in game photos. Idk about this one, even big auction sites and game worn sites make mistakes. The stains on jersey you sold as to the ones he wore in pictures just don't match up at all. Regardless of camera angles/ shadows/ whatever you want to say, I don't buy it that a BLOOD stain was washed came all the way up off the jersey mesh, and then re-appeared on the jersey an inch below the actual spot it was at originaly. Thats just my opinion. I wouldn't spend my money on it. But hey God bless for getting a little over 2 grand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins23 View Post
    even if so, blood dosn't just get up and move itself down an inch and show no signs or trace of where the blood was in game photos. Idk about this one, even big auction sites and game worn sites make mistakes. The stains on jersey you sold as to the ones he wore in pictures just don't match up at all. Regardless of camera angles/ shadows/ whatever you want to say, I don't buy it that a BLOOD stain was washed came all the way up off the jersey mesh, and then re-appeared on the jersey an inch below the actual spot it was at originaly. Thats just my opinion. I wouldn't spend my money on it. But hey God bless for getting a little over 2 grand for it.
    Preach the truth Dolphins23. I agree with your points 100%. Further, I dont know whats worse....paying 2 dimes for a jersey this questionable...or paying 2 grand for a jersey from a player that hung, shot, drowned and electrocuted innocent animals. Vick is scum....and if he had not been caught and busted he would still be murdering dogs. I absolutely loath this savage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VerifiedAutographsCom View Post
    This is VerifiedAutographs chiming in on the comments in regards to the jersey and the Big East Patch. I have absolutely no intentions on selling anything that is not authentic. I watched the game video several times and there were so many other matching factors that I never thought to doubt the location of the patch until a fellow member emailed me this morning. The jersey was once sold on Heritage Auctions ($6000) as well as Vintage Authentics ($1300).

Thus........I will repost the jersey on ebay "as-is" with all of the provided information in this forum in regards to the Big East Patch with a starting bid of a penny. I have heard that the Patch may have been removed for team equipment purposes and then replaced on the jersey once Vick was nominated for the ESPY but I wasnt there to co-sign on that.

As for as the profit on the jersey...... I bought a Vick Eagles Gamer last year for $350. I photo-matched it and sold it for $2300. I also purchased another gamer last week for $400 that I sold for $1600. I also lost $1000 on a deal this week for an older gamer. Sometimes you win and others you may lose. Is that a crime? Not really because this hobby is a business as well. Business is defined by selling for a profit if Im not mistaken (Capitalism). However, I agree that sellers, collectors and dealers should only capitalize on honesty and integrity.

P.S. Im no Steve Jensen. I am a man of integrity. What you see is what you get and the new ebay listing will show that as all of the details in regards to the Big East Patch will be listed and the auction will start at a penny. If there are any more comments send me an email to info@verifiedautographs.com as I am still obviously gathering more information in regards to the jersey and the patch by the moment.

I love the industry and I believe in protecting it. Instead of doing the public lynching thing on GUU you should give a heads up to sellers because often times some details may just be over looked.

Thank you for your input,

VA
    Let me make this easy for you. I represent Michael Vick and have several of his VTech jerseys, helmet, cleats. I also have almost ALMOST every gamer from Mike last year (Eagles). I can tell you with 1000000% certainty that your VTech jersey IS NOT the VTech championship jersey. I would go on to say I would like to see your 2 Vick gamers from last season that you photo matched and sold. Here is the deal I will go as far as to pay you a $1000 finders fee for each jersey to put me in contact with your two buyers and tell them it will be well worth their money if in fact they are good and photomatched. That deal will make up for your $1000 you lost. Also to help you out, if you ever have a high quality player gamer for sell get ahold of me. At the prices you are able to obtain your items at will can pay you 4x-5x the money. Also of note no need to mention a persons name on here in regards to integrity just not professional, especially when every post is knocking your jersey. Just state your case, explain your jersey, and make a decision about it. Just some help. Hope you get me those Vick Eagles jerseys.

Hey JO.....Loomis here. I "knew" that Vick jersey wasn't good....just couldn't prove it. Glad you chimed in since I know you know the facts about Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    Forget the Big East patch issue.....look at the large smudge near the "7". Its not even close. Not within a mile.

Not defending either side as I am way to new at photomatching. Just trying to learn a few things.

One thing I notice about the game picture is that there is a wrinkle just below the triancular patch above the number. It seems to me, that could give the appearance that the flag is further to the right in the image that it actually is. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by josportsco View Post
    Let me make this easy for you. I represent Michael Vick and have several of his VTech jerseys, helmet, cleats. I also have almost ALMOST every gamer from Mike last year (Eagles). I can tell you with 1000000% certainty that your VTech jersey IS NOT the VTech championship jersey.
    Please explain how you can say with 100% certaintly that this is not the jersey? Because you represent Vick, and what else? Can you please provide pictures of the real championship jersey photomatched so that we can know with 1000% certainty that this is not the jersey?

Thanks,
    Dave