Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: JO/Meigray and their contracts

Hi Mmonte4,

Based on my response that we don't discuss any aspect of our financial dealings, I don't understand your question, "How are they compensated?"

I don't want to sound disrespectful, but you are asking me for private information I cannot and will not discuss.

If I am misunderstanding your question, I apologize. But how can I answer that without disclosing information I cannot and will not disclose?

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins23 View Post
    Makes sence but I thought players got a certain revenue prospect from there own jersey sales. Dosn't this play into the Chad Johnson effect or (CJE) where the player had a name change and had to buy out every one of his jerseys before he could obtain ochocinco on the back of his shirt. Now what if Migray or JO took lets say 12 Johnson gamers (this is an example not factual numbers) would he have to buy them all from JO sports? or would he have to pay the team a certain amount since they have a contract with JO sports?

This is a whole different topic on itself, but it relates and I'm curious as to what would happen as far as the (CJE)

I think he had to buy the retail jerseys from Reebok, not the game jerseys. I believe the game jerseys are the property of the team.

Banned

to clear this up for the dealers that are coming in here.

We don't want your exact details. Just a bases answer of how you go about getting a contract with a team. Why do they want you when the NFL is a billion dollar industry that can auction them off themselves?

Its scary how the owners of these sports stores are stearing around the answer lol its a little shady if you ask me.

Its scary how the owners of these sports stores are stearing around the answer lol its a little shady if you ask me.
    Um...not shady but savy. Why would ANY business want to disclose bottomline and overhead expense with their potential clients?! Barry was nice enough to chime in and politely say, no can do. Let it be.

wade

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    Um...not shady but savy. Why would ANY business want to disclose bottomline and overhead expense with their potential clients?! Barry was nice enough to chime in and politely say, no can do. Let it be.

wade
    No one is asking for bottomline, overhead, or any specifics for that matter. We just want to know how the teams are compensated. Is it a lump sum, a % of sales, etc? What is the general arrangement?

Banned

Mmonte its an inside thing, there not going to tell the die hard fans and jersey collectors who keep them in business anything. So I'm over it.

P.S I will continue to buy from them, but it would have been cool to find out why them?

Banned

I don't care who gets the contracts to sell a teams merchandise as long as
    I am happy with their service and prices.

Dolphins,

I think I can answer why they want us ... and I use this analogy often ...

Anyone can paint his or her own home, probably for less money than a painter will charge. But many people hire painters because they value the expertise a professional painter brings. And some people know if they climb a ladder to paint, they might break an ankle.

As many collectors on this Forum have said numerous times, teams are not experts in the field of game-worn authentication of memorabilia. Some teams are shrewd enough to let experts, who understand the needs and desires of clients like you, who pay good money for these items, do the work in this highly selective marketplace.

Hope this explains,

Barry

I hope this post isn't taken the wrong way by the people asking all of these questions...

but what does it matter how JO Sports Co./MEIGREY/STEINER etc... obtain their business contracts with other teams? Just know that all parties benefit from the transaction, or else it wouldn't be happening. These companies do a ton of legwork as far as negotiating, networking, building client bases, and closing deals. You will pay a premium fee to get their product because you know that it's 100% legit. I think it's foolish to ask them to divulge their business models to the public. Your time is probably better spent asking Colonel Sanders for his secret recipe.

Mmonte its an inside thing, there not going to tell the die hard fans and jersey collectors who keep them in business anything. So I'm over it.

P.S I will continue to buy from them, but it would have been cool to find out why them?
    Why is it an inside thing when a company doesn't share the way they obtain their business? They work hard for that business and aren't going to give away the process and the way they make money to anyone.

I'd venture to say that the NFL does not want to police nor regulate what the teams do with their jerseys as the jerseys/equipment are property of the team. Sure, they auction off jerseys on the NFL site for various causes, but I'm sure its up to the team to give those jerseys to the NFL.