Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

JO sports gets Dolphins Contract. What does this mean for NFL Auctions?

As most of you reported, (well its reported on there site) but JO sports recieved a jersey contract from the Miami Dolphins NFL franchise. What does this mean for NFL auctions? Does this mean that NFL auctions will no longer auction off game used and issued jerseys and PWM? NFL auctions sometimes has great prices for items I want, JO sports sometimes likes to charge to much. This could be a bad thing right? Or will NFL auctions still get the same amount of team stuff as they do every year? Can someone please fill me in on how things will go for the auction world this season for my team.

Thanks!

Re: JO sports gets Dolphins Contract. What does this mean for NFL Auctions?

I think NFL can still get some stuff from the Dolphins. I think JO has a contract with them to get so much stuff from the team or certain things, so NFL can just take the rest. I don't really know but the Jets still sell stuff on auctions so i would think Dolphins would too.

Does anyone have insight into the details of these type contracts. How do they work? Does JO agree to give 50% of sales to the Dolphins? Do they agree to give them a lump sum? Do they agree to buy every jersey for $500? What is in it for the Miami Dolphins or any team that enters into a contract with JO?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    Does anyone have insight into the details of these type contracts. How do they work? Does JO agree to give 50% of sales to the Dolphins? Do they agree to give them a lump sum? Do they agree to buy every jersey for $500? What is in it for the Miami Dolphins or any team that enters into a contract with JO?
    Thats what I'd like to know. I could of sworn JO sports pays them big dollars for exclusive rights to game gear and issued gear. I think they only get a certain amount of players jerseys per month and the rest go to NFL auctions and other sites for charity purpose (don't think any of JO goes to charity for its strictly for business profit purposes), I know the dolphins did an orange gamer auction for wounded warrior project last year. But not sure if they will do things like this anymore seeing how JO now has the contract. Its kind of like how Jordan can't sign autographs unless done with upperdeck. I'm assuming if a kid hands Camron Wake a Pepsi bottle he wouldn't be able to take his jersey off and throw it to the kid without JO sports intercepting it Mid-Air.

Banned

I really hope NFL auctions gets some gamers this year though, because i'm relying on them so I can actually win an auction for under 800$ (or have the chance too) I missed out on a Tyler Thigpen 2 years in a row! (missed the auctions due to business travel) And saw they sold for right around 600$ one was for a home white and one was for Alternate orange vs jets at home when chad henne shredded the field up but they still lost. I could have won atleast one of them because I would have been willing to exceed 600$ for it, (coastal carolina guy) I know if JO sports puts that same jersey up on there site I will have to pay a set price of 1,500. The Chad Henne orange gamer sold for over 5 grand! That means on JO sports it would easily sell for 15,000. So if you guys are willing to drop a pretty penny on gamers from JO then God bless you for being a finance king! but me the avg Joe whos still in dental school (UMDNJ) and going to have to pay major tuition bills upon graduation its not a priority at this point to spend the amount JO wants. I know they will personally find the jersey you want for you, but half the beauty of this hobby is searching and searching for the grail you want, and when you finally find it, its just that much sweeter :-). Idk about you guys but I'll be a heavy player with NFL auctions and the forum looking for grails at under 3k per jersey. Heck Mulligans has half of my grails in his posession haha. But we'll see what happens this season with JO. I would love to see the preseason jerseys hit the market soon but I think they only get 1 preseason jersey. Pre-season jerseys are usually a lot cheaper and show minimal wear (for a starter) for 2nd and 3rd stringers its cool because if theres a rookie player you like who was drafted late its a chance to get the jersey cheap before he floors it to fame. Plus the jersey is still considered worn. I wonder where the pre-season jerseys go. They could even go to most players homes for it may be there first ever NFL jersey they put on.

P.S most of the comments above are not factual there just personal thesios statements of what may or may not occur with regards to GWM.

Hey Dolphins23
    JO worked out a great deal with me on a jersey that was listed much higher on the site, so don't necessarily be too put off by initial numbers. They have a good team that will help fill the collection (especially if they know you are a collector and not a reseller) and they also took a down payment to hold it until I could pay.
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    Hey Dolphins23
    JO worked out a great deal with me on a jersey that was listed much higher on the site, so don't necessarily be too put off by initial numbers. They have a good team that will help fill the collection (especially if they know you are a collector and not a reseller) and they also took a down payment to hold it until I could pay.
    +1.. From my own personal experience with JO Sports, anyone that is interested in any JO jersey, don't think because you see the price on the website and it's too high for you, you can't buy it. I've been dealing with Robert there and he's been the best to work with. Now, your not going to get a $20k AP jersey for $5k, but certainly they are open to working with their customers to help you get the jersey you want. Both of the game worn NFL jerseys I bought from them have been some of the best additions to my collection and couldn't be happier!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins23 View Post
    Thats what I'd like to know. I could of sworn JO sports pays them big dollars for exclusive rights to game gear and issued gear. I think they only get a certain amount of players jerseys per month and the rest go to NFL auctions and other sites for charity purpose (don't think any of JO goes to charity for its strictly for business profit purposes), I know the dolphins did an orange gamer auction for wounded warrior project last year. But not sure if they will do things like this anymore seeing how JO now has the contract. Its kind of like how Jordan can't sign autographs unless done with upperdeck. I'm assuming if a kid hands Camron Wake a Pepsi bottle he wouldn't be able to take his jersey off and throw it to the kid without JO sports intercepting it Mid-Air.
    I am sure the NFL still can get some over JO Sports. If they have let's say 22 starting jerseys, 11 offense, 11 defense, i am sure NFL can take some since they own them. Not 100% sure on this but i have seen Jets Jerseys on auction before, even last night they had a 2009 Tony Richardson game used so i am sure NFL can get some. It also prob. depends on how many jerseys each team uses.

Call Robert as many others have mentioned. List price has almost nothing to do with actual price unless you are in the market for a superstar. Whomever paid 5K for Henne is NUTS! If he is your grail I cant see an issue with finding a gamer of his on ebay or at auction at some point. Same with TT.

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a finders fee.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Banned

We have secured a equipment deal with the Miami Dolphins. We are very proud that the Dolphins accepted us as a partner. With that being said, I cannot speak on behalf of NFL Auctions regarding securing Dolphins equipment. But we would be more than happy to help any Dolphins collector with their collecting needs. Just give us a email or a call to discuss.

JO