Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New pick-ups

New pick-ups

Just a few pins I've picked up recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: New pick-ups

Hey Mike, you've got quite the nice Cubs pinback collection going. How are you displaying them?

I picked this Scrapps Sam Thompson up off of ebay last night:

Working on the set of 18...Only 15 more to go already have Comiskey so that's two of the 4 Hall of Famers out of the way.

Very cool pins...I wonder how many people knew off the top of their head that Dizzy Dean's real first name was Jerome (not me!)?

Love the pins too!

Dizzy's real name was Jay Hanna Dean. At some point he started telling sportswriters that his name was Jerome Herman Dean -- Jerome Herman being a childhood palymate who died at a young age.

Greg

Mike and Dan - Very nice pins and Scrapps.

Picked up this 1890s mask. Very happy with it - heavy wire, non-welded, and large size.

Joe, that's a good one. Nice and clean. Where'd you find it?

Right now I have them in a glass top display table. I like the look of the different shapes colors and textures. Nice Scrapp. Five years ago I found the entire set minus 2 on scrap book pages in an antique mall for $200. I steamed them off with an iron and sold them to dealers at the Cleveland National. Obviously they weren't in perfect shape, but most were Vg-Ex.

Joe, that is a killer mask!!! Very tough to find them that early in such terrific shape. Pieces like that will always be among treasures of our hobby.

It's been a while since I updated this photo, so this was a good time to do so. This is the extent of my pinback collection. Nothing extremely valuable, but I love them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sweet display Mike! Heh....I thought you were concentrating on Cubs pins...looks like you're all over the place. What's the 411 on that Red Sox pin sitting up above the bat barrell?

PS How did you steam off the Scrapps? It took me over a year to get up the courage to soak off my Comiskey.