Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Keith Hernandez Jersey

Now the auction is revised -- references to Keith Hernandez have been removed from the item description. But the jersey is still described as a Mets BP jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-80s-Auth...item336ac22a27
    Attached Images Attached Images  

there is so much confusion regarding the mets alternate blue uniform during the period of 1982-1985.
    what years did they actual wear a blue alternate?
    was there a road version and a home version of the alternate?
    what is the actual version or versions of the alternate?

i am talking about an actual regular season game uniform....not spring training or batting practice.

i believe it to be ONLY A ROAD VERSION. with GREY METS OUTLINED IN ORANGE. with ORANGE GREY ORANGE NECK AND SLEEVE TRIM. 1982-1983?

however i have heard it described as grey mets with orange outline. with orange WHITE orange neck and sleeve trim. also have heard it as grey mets orange outline with orange BLUE orange neck and sleeve trim. i have also heard of a home version with orange mets white outline with orange white orange neck and sleeve trim......

i am confused. does anyone know for sure?
    thanks

cerr0ne5,

Read this recent thread. There was a 1982 road alt used in regular season games...a different 1983-1984 road alt used in regular season games...and a 1983 home alt which exists, yet I clearly do not recall ever seeing it used at Shea and even people who own them can't seem to find photo or video that they were ever used. So there is a bit of mystery to it.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=44905

Quote Originally Posted by metsmetsmets View Post
    Now the auction is revised -- references to Keith Hernandez have been removed from the item description. But the jersey is still described as a Mets BP jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-80s-Auth...item336ac22a27

Revised again to Minor League Jersey

so in 1982 mets wore a road alternate..........orange mets/ grey outline. with orange blue orange neck and sleeve trim?

in 1983-1984 they wore a road alternate.......grey mets/ orange outline. with orange grey orange neck and sleeve trim?

and a home alternate exists with orange mets/ grey outline. with orange grey orange sleeve and neck trim.........may or may not have entered a home game at shea?

did i get it right? am i leaving anything out?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerr0ne5 View Post
    so in 1982 mets wore a road alternate..........orange mets/ grey outline. with orange blue orange neck and sleeve trim?

in 1983-1984 they wore a road alternate.......grey mets/ orange outline. with orange grey orange neck and sleeve trim?

and a home alternate exists with orange mets/ grey outline. with orange grey orange sleeve and neck trim.........may or may not have entered a home game at shea?

did i get it right? am i leaving anything out?

thanks
    You have it right, as I see it...I have no evidence or recollection of any alternate used in 1985 and all the way till the late 90s.