Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 94 of 190 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Finally got around to taking some photos of my haul from the National and some updated Garza Pics.
    1st - Peanut Tillman jersey that I photo matched to the NFC Championship game on the way to Super Bowl XLI
    2nd - Chris Harris jersey from last year vs. Dolphins. Marked 700th win in franchise history. The Urlacher, Peppers and Cutler are on display at the HOF in Canton.
    3rd - Nick Roach jersey from 2009 vs. Eagles and maybe another game cause due to a team repair on the shoulder.
    4th - Roberto Garza gamer that I got signed down during my yearly visit to camp.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Urlacher home jersey, worn Sept. 12, 2004 vs. Detroit.

I'd consider letting this one go for the right trade/ cash-trade scenario.
    Contact me if interested. rickdrums99@yahoo.com

I hate to quote all the images as I know it takes up a lot of space but isnt it amazing how good teams are at washing out the grass stains etc from their jerseys?! There is a Packer video of 4 older ladies who made sure the gamers were clean and ready on game day and it was simply astounding how much work they put into making the shirts look like new for the game. One would think that the grass stains on the sleeve #s would be tough to get out but we have to resort to black light to expose game use sometimes! I guess teams cant have players starting games in dirty jerseys though.

A friend of mine was the junior assistant equipment manager for the 49ers in the 90s and he told me that certain players would change their jerseys at halftime if they got dirty or muddy! It was usually the star players and one has to wonder if they wore 2 shirts a game sometimes how is it that more gamers are not for sale. He told me that some gamers were turned into practice shirts, that players kept some and some were just cleaned, repaired and reused. He said he spent countless hours cleaning jerseys, changing numbers and patches and even nameplates.

I think todays NFL is much different with teams selling shirts more often and emphasizing unwashed as a main selling point. This is both good and bad in a way as the shirts are dirty, smelly and have all the "game use" we all love, but as many are worn for only one game, repairs are becoming a thing of the past. To me getting that gamer in the mail and seeing those repairs was like Christmas!

One thing that is interesting though is that I have a friend who was "hooked up" with the 49ers back in the late 80s and he would get jerseys a day or so after the game. Some of the shirts he sold me look like they had been worn for one game but others were completely hammered with use and repairs. It all depended on what shirt was handed to him. If the Lott shirt on the top of the folded stack of his shirts, had been worn only once then thats what he got. If they had just played a home game at the end of the season the Lott shirt would be hammered as it was on the top of the stack. So even back then shirts could have been worn for an entire season or just for one game.

I have attached some examples including a mid 80s Lott which was purchased 2 days after the game and thus doesnt have tons of repairs. A Haley as well as a Guy McIntrye which were worn the entire season (and thus are hammered with repairs etc) vs a Eric Wright worn for just a game or two.

I think that is what keeps this hobby interesting to me. The wide range of game use that pops up and the shirts themselves with all the customization is fascinating. They tell such a great story (sometimes not so great when you lose!).

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er shirt. Paying a juicy finders fee!!!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Pics didnt show up-sorry

Finally landed an Urlacher gamer. Special thanks to Rick for helping me part of the club. Awesome!

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Urlacher signed, game worn gloves w/ Urlacher hologram

JUST MISSED catching a pair of Urlacher's gloves at the Titans/Bears preseason game - even tried to buy them from the guy but he wouldn't budge.

Nothing special, just updated the room with a few new jerseys I've already posted.

Banned

BUC really man.....really? no..like...REALLY?? A TD SUPERBOWL JERSEY!!! You are once RICH man! and I want to do what ever it is you do! Great display and collection my fellow GUU frat brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins23 View Post
    BUC really man.....really? no..like...REALLY?? A TD SUPERBOWL JERSEY!!! You are once RICH man! and I want to do what ever it is you do! Great display and collection my fellow GUU frat brother.
    Sorry to disappoint, but the TD jersey isn't game used. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of $$ to spend on jerseys, wish I did.

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but the TD jersey isn't game used. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of $$ to spend on jerseys, wish I did.
    dont we all, dont we all

im screwed because im a hurricanes fan so mostly all the players (best ones at least) will be hall of famers and their jersey's possibly impossible to acheive

Banned

Exclamation Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

I saw an item on one of the Internet sports news sites that indicated that Lance Briggs would be wearing red, white and blue gloves and shoes for Sunday's game as a 9/11 tribute. Even the normally robotic hierarchy at NFL headquarters, who never met a dress code aberration they couldn't take issue with, has declared that it is "unlikely" that Briggs would be fined for the dress code violation.

Now, the real question...which one of the Forum's world-renowned Bears collectors ends up with these babies?

Dave Miedema