Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

EBAY- Mantle UDA 16x20

i need some help here. I am interested in purchasing this photo, but where is the # of 500 to the left of Leifer's sig??!!??

every other example of this photo ive seen is #ed out of 500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICKEY-MANTLE-UP...QQcmdZViewItem

Arrow Re: EBAY- Mantle UDA 16x20

Hi Mark,

I sent you a private message about UDA items. Sorry I'm of no help on this one though.

Thanks

Tim Byington

Banned

Re: EBAY- Mantle UDA 16x20

Quote Originally Posted by bat_master View Post
    Hi Mark,

I sent you a private message about UDA items. Sorry I'm of no help on this one though.

Thanks

Tim Byington
    Tim, as a buyer from UDA during the time period these were originally released, I can tell you they made some extras that were not part of the limited edition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250023565871

I sold a similar piece last week for $875.00 plus $30.00 shipping.

If you are interested in the piece in the auction above, I personally would buy it if the price was just a little lower, but he is right on with his opening bid and buy-it-now price.

Post Re: EBAY- Mantle UDA 16x20

Hi Joel,

Any idea what Mantle UDA baseballs currently go well for? I have three right now that I'm desperately trying to move. Two are the #7 variety and the third is a regular. I really don't want to list them on ebay.

Thanks in advance

Tim Byington

Tim,

Please send scans of these to me at reid_fontaine@hotmail.com - Thanks.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Post Re: EBAY- Mantle UDA 16x20

Hi Everyone,

Reid: Photos have been sent.

For anyone else that is interested please email me at tim@tjsportsmn.com.

Thanks

Tim Byington

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    i need some help here. I am interested in purchasing this photo, but where is the # of 500 to the left of Leifer's sig??!!??

every other example of this photo ive seen is #ed out of 500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICKEY-MANTLE-UP...QQcmdZViewItem

I own several of the Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams UDA 16X20 photos. The reason why theres no number is that it's faded away. I contacted UDA about this a years ago and they stated that the black ink they used for the limited edition was not a sharpie brand like they used for Mantle's signature and it fades easily from light. If you hold the photo near a lamp at an angle the limited number still can be seen.

Also, any of you guys with UDA photos of Mantle or Williams with blue sharpie be very careful where you put it up. I had a UDA photo of Mantle and Williams signed in blue sharpie framed in UV glass and the signatures still faded. It was a really nice piece and I was disgusted and sold it.

Now all my UDA photos and blue sharpie photos are stored away.

Thanks, Bobby

hmmmm....after doing a little research, it appears the this mantle photo was only available in issues 3 and 4 of UDA magazine and was sold out by issue 5. I am wondering who the additional (non-numbered) photos were available to.

trsent,
    this is off topic, but since you were a UDA buyer during this time, what is the deal with the Bird 16x20 "practice" photo? was it ever even released? I have never come across it before.

and one more thing. issue 2 of UDA magazine has the bird and magic dream team auto jerseys for sales. the bird jersey appears to be a replica, while the magic is the procut. did uda ever release a procut Magic dream team auto jersey!?!?!?

Tr???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    hmmmm....after doing a little research, it appears the this mantle photo was only available in issues 3 and 4 of UDA magazine and was sold out by issue 5. I am wondering who the additional (non-numbered) photos were available to.

trsent,
    this is off topic, but since you were a UDA buyer during this time, what is the deal with the Bird 16x20 "practice" photo? was it ever even released? I have never come across it before.

and one more thing. issue 2 of UDA magazine has the bird and magic dream team auto jerseys for sales. the bird jersey appears to be a replica, while the magic is the procut. did uda ever release a procut Magic dream team auto jersey!?!?!?
    I read this message last week, have been communicating with Tim about his baseballs, but I took the weekend off from the forum. Your reply was coming today....In fact right now!

Mark, I ready about the Bird 16x20 before and I was not buying Bird stuff back then, so I do not remember the piece. I also do not remember ever having Bird or Magic autographed Dream Team jerseys, but they may have existed, but I never had any of them.

I bet if there are any, there were only a handful released. I only remember the Bird/Jordan/Magic piece as I owned quite a few of them. Some autographed by all three, others by just Jordan and Bird and others just autographed by Bird.

Stuff like the Bird practice photo you are looking for is most likely in a collector's living room and you'll never see it again on the open market place.