Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: tire kickers

Re: tire kickers

I have one auction currently that is driving me insane. I am selling some GU items for essentially more GU items, so I am not desperate to sell. I had a nice selling run a month ago from real collectors wanting my items, was able to buy some more items and all were happy! But now I am dealing with obvious flippers.

So, I have these vultures, consistently writing me about lowering the price. Problem is, I have it written in the description "Please do not ask me to reduce this price any further, as you are already getting a phenomenal deal. You are saving $130 off what I paid, etc...". Well, to no avail! I get three emails daily, "how much lower can you go?"

I question are they j@ck@ss' just messing with me, or really that dumb? The worst part is I had a collector, exchanged 5-8 emails, and he basically would not budge over $15 difference. What ticked me off is I already came down $50, and asked that he just understand I could not take anymore off, but nope. I never heard from him again. At this point, honestly, it is becoming such a circus I am about to keep it and put it away until maybe Christmas, when maybe I could get closer to what it's worth.

not really tire kicker related, but i have a couple of other funny ebay stories.

i listed a bunch of old non-game worn jerseys last night. literally 2 minutes after one goes up i get a message asking if i will take $5 more than my opening bid and shipping as a BIN. for $5, ill take my chances. you're not doing me any favors

i also got another message overnight asking if i would consider lowering my price and and setting up a BIN for them....mind you with 6 days and 22 hours left in the auction!!!

amazing how some people can walk with the size of the cojones between their legs

i think it's time to call out these tirekickers because all they do is waste our time. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING, BUY IT!

Just had ANOTHER tire kicker contact me...go through emails back and forth, agree TO a price and I said I'd send pics tonight when I got home from work and they give me the old "I have to pass, but if you have it down the road, I may be interested" line.

Am I wrong for telling the person that I may or may not deal w/ them when the time comes? It's frustrating but I know ALL of us have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    i think it's time to call out these tirekickers because all they do is waste our time. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING, BUY IT!
    I'm ALL for this if others are, too.

Happens to me at least once a week and unfortunately they are all on this Forum!

No matter how frustrating it is to me.....I would never want to insult someone publicly over this....Some folks just stroll through life a little differently??

Unfortunately it's gotten to the point that I would rather put an item up on eBay than in the classifieds here. For every 5 people that request pics or ask questions, I'm lucky to hear back from 1 person. It doesn't take long for a " thanks but I'll pass " email... I've been meaning to post on this for a while- but for this and other reasons I've become less and less interested in the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    This is rather pretentious. I ask about many items, I buy a select few. It is up to me whether or not I like the details/info given about an item that I am interested in and whether or not I choose to buy it.

I do see some (especially here on GUU) see you collect a player, offer you an item and automatically expect you to buy it. And get rather aggravated/insulted when you politely decline their item. That and they expect you take their word on the presumed game use of the item. God forbid you ask for provenance. Quite assinine behavior and expectations imho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Quote Originally Posted by Titans74 View Post
    This is rather pretentious. I ask about many items, I buy a select few. It is up to me whether or not I like the details/info given about an item that I am interested in and whether or not I choose to buy it.

I do see some (especially here on GUU) see you collect a player, offer you an item and automatically expect you to buy it. And get rather aggravated/insulted when you politely decline their item. That and they expect you take their word on the presumed game use of the item. God forbid you ask for provenance. Quite assinine behavior and expectations imho.
    It is one thing to be selective with what you purchase and ask questions and such. It is a different story when you email the person saying " I will take it," then start asking questions on it. If you want to ask questions go ahead, but don't commit to it before you are sure because there are others emailing about the item.

There is one forum member I ignore because I regularly get asked for more information on items I sell and not only have they never bought a thing, but never even reply back.

I give a small window to forum members before I go to eBay. I would rather give it to a member if they want it, but I have been told through the forum that I had an item that was only worth xx amount of dollars only to list it on eBay for over double that price.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    It is one thing to be selective with what you purchase and ask questions and such. It is a different story when you email the person saying " I will take it," then start asking questions on it. If you want to ask questions go ahead, but don't commit to it before you are sure because there are others emailing about the item.

There is one forum member I ignore because I regularly get asked for more information on items I sell and not only have they never bought a thing, but never even reply back.

I give a small window to forum members before I go to eBay. I would rather give it to a member if they want it, but I have been told through the forum that I had an item that was only worth xx amount of dollars only to list it on eBay for over double that price.
    Most definitely. If a person says "I'll take it". Then doesn't ever respond back or pay for the item, then they are unreliable and a liar.

It was my understanding that we were talking about people who might contact a seller asking details on a particular item. Maybe they ask for pictures. Then, in the end, after absorbing details/pics they decide they do not want that particular item. Said seller now is pissed, for a lack if a better word, hecause he feels slighted by "wasting" his time for a potential buyer who decided not to buy or as it was phrased her a "tirekicker".

Sellers who become angry over this are who I called assinine. Not every interested party ends up buying. And not every person who passes on a item is a dead beat. It's business. It's life. Accept it and move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."