Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cleveland Indians Garage Sale

GARAGE SALE
    Cleveland Indians will play host to a "Garage Sale" at Jacobs Field of game used and autographed memorabilia on Friday, September 15 beginning at 10:00 a.m on Carnegie Ave. outside of the ballpark. Partial proceeds will benefit CIC.

Re: Cleveland Indians Garage Sale

Is this a yearly sale? If so ,do they sell home gamers from the last 5 yrs or so. How much do gamers usually fetch?
    paul

Gamers last year fetched $125 each and they were from 2005, 2004, 2003 that I remember.

Is the stuff offered any different then that which is already sold in the store inside the stadium?
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

Banned

This year in the team shop the signed gamers were going for 350-500 for average players and the bats were 150 for matt lawton and john mcdonald and milton bradley. the only lower priced items were jerseys from individuals no longer on the team

I picked up a signed, game used Ronnie Belliard jersey from 2005 for $100 at the garage sale today. All of the game used jerseys were priced between $50 and $100, and the game used bats were all $25.

Was there many people there for it. Any big name player items. At those prices i'm sure they moved quite a bit of stuff. Was there a lot for sale. Were there any helmets, cleats, odd ball stuff there? Did they offer any letter's with purchases stating it was game used. Sorry for all the questions. Nice pick up on that jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob930 View Post
    I picked up a signed, game used Ronnie Belliard jersey from 2005 for $100 at the garage sale today. All of the game used jerseys were priced between $50 and $100, and the game used bats were all $25.
    Finally a garage sale that has garage sale pricing! Were all the bats cracked and splintered or did they have some decent ones?

There were quite a few people waiting in line when I arrived, probably 40 or 50. In terms of big name players, there were a few Eddie Murray jerseys, some Victor Martinez and Peralta stuff, and I supposedly a few Hafner bats. Most of that stuff was gone by the time I reached the game used section.

Most of the bats were uncracked and pounded with use. There were only a few cracked ones. Again, however, by the time I reached the bins all that was left were some Belliard, Matt Lawton, Tim Laker and Josh Bard bats. I saw a few people carrying Casey Blake and Ben Broussard bats around.

I just got back from the Garage Sale, (made the early morning drive from Pittsburgh), I was pretty happy with what I saw there. I got there around 10:30 or so thanks to the highway being shut down because of a fatal motorcycle accident. By the time I got there, most of the higher end stuff was picked over; I ended up getting a Josh Bard home jersey, signed Francisco Crucetta jersey (at least it has the Doby and number 18 memorial patches), a cracked Ellis Burks bat and a signed, game-used un-cracked Matt Lawton bat all for $150. Apparently there were deals to be had on things like bases, cleats and ball caps. I saw a sign that said all cleats were $25 and all hats were $10, but by the time I got there, that stuff had all been sold. I guess people were lining up at 6:30 A.M. to get first crack. Also, interestingly enough they had a 2 jersey limit for purchasing I guess some decisions had to be made once it was time to check out.

All and all, I'm pretty happy with what I got....nothing major but I didn’t have any Tribe stuff for my collection and since they're my favorite baseball team, figured might as well grab something at a good price.