Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Tom Brady Super Bowl jersey stolen??

Wait a minute. Now I'm reading Brady put the jersey inside his travel bag after he took it off (didn't leave it draped over a chair) and then went about conducting interviews and trophy celebrations. A guy who's celebrating an improbable comeback, the only overtime victory in Super Bowl history, sticking it to Goodell, reaffirming his place in NFL history-and he decides to conduct a quality assurance check in his bag moments later? Something doesn't sound right. Was there a contracted agreement for this jersey by anyone?

Angry Re: Tom Brady Super Bowl jersey stolen??

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Wait a minute. Now I'm reading Brady put the jersey inside his travel bag after he took it off (didn't leave it draped over a chair) and then went about conducting interviews and trophy celebrations. A guy who's celebrating an improbable comeback, the only overtime victory in Super Bowl history, sticking it to Goodell, reaffirming his place in NFL history-and he decides to conduct a quality assurance check in his bag moments later? Something doesn't sound right. Was there a contracted agreement for this jersey by anyone?
    He put the jersey in his equipment bag with all his other stuff. Then he went to take his eye black off. He then came back, when he went to put something else in his bag he noticed the jersey was gone. It was only a few minutes later.

And don't the players usually get the Super Bowl jerseys to your latter question? I feel like the only Pats super bowl jersey that I have seen sold was Corey Dillon's and that originated from him.

MLB players don't own the jersey, the team bought it-you wear it-they sell it. Anyone know that it's different in the NFL?

What something else, did he put in his bag?

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    THEFT AS A CRIME may have 7 year statute
    STOLEN PROPERTY is always stolen however, even 100 years later
    Correct. When the jersey is found on someone (not in the process of returning it), it could be a charge of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property, of which every state has a penal law statute of.

call me jaded but does Brady have the rights to the jersey or does the NFL have the rights to it? Cause I have a feeling if he doesn't own it, it's a pretty nice way to give his boss the middle finger by tucking that baby away and out of the paws of the NFL. Especially if he had it "go missing" a couple years back, why risk it again? I bet if you snuck into Brady's house you'd find a hidden room with all his "missing" gear. But I'm an untrusting human being

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    call me jaded but does Brady have the rights to the jersey or does the NFL have the rights to it? Cause I have a feeling if he doesn't own it, it's a pretty nice way to give his boss the middle finger by tucking that baby away and out of the paws of the NFL. Especially if he had it "go missing" a couple years back, why risk it again? I bet if you snuck into Brady's house you'd find a hidden room with all his "missing" gear. But I'm an untrusting human being
    The teams buy their jerseys directly from Nike so the patriots own it. If the players want them, they buy it from the team. Usually they get their super bowl jerseys though.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    Assume Bob Kraft would allow Tom Brady to take whatever he wanted home after that game--he doesn't need to swipe it. I also think as a general rule if a star player wants something like his jersey from a game, the teams are not going to bill them $200 for it. They just don't care . . .

Btw; nice coverage Ken, I'very seen your quote a few times today . . .

Wasnt sure if teams owned them or nfl did, yeah makes a difference then. Oh well, at least now it wont get cut up into a million pieces and sold to card collectors. I hope the thief gets a nice display case for it