Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: ebay seller TheSofaSurfer + a Billy Butler issued + fake provenance

sofasurfer has told me to post this on his behalf.

i would like to defend myself and the KJ suns jersey i sold as game-used, i informed the buyer it was a game-cut and gave him a partial refund of 600. also, on the butler royals jersey, i bought a few jerseys from same person and was confused between the butler and glaus jersey purchased. i got the stories mixed up and inaccurately posted bulter royals wrong but fixed the auction.
    SOLD TO: beantown, masauction, esamples83

I'm glad you got him to get the story straight. I tried, and he wasn't very nice to me.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

dabadestalbo69,

If your pal bought the jersey blank in November of 2010 and then sold it after adding numbers, NOB and Sharpie, how did he come up with that description? He still tripled his money. Great work!

From thesofasurfer eBay ME page.

ANYHOW, GIVE ME A TRY AND I AM SURE I WILL BE SELLING TO YOU FOR A VERY LONG TIME. ALSO, DUE TO ALL THE FAKES OUT THERE, IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN HAD AND RIPPED OFF BY A FELLOW EBAYER, CONTACT ME FOR BOTH THE NFL'S AND REEBOK'S LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES. I WILL GIVE YOU THE WEBSITE OF THE LAW FIRM, THEIR PHONE NUMBERS, AND POINTS OF CONTACT/EMAIL. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COMPETING AGAINST BOGUS SELLERS AND IF I CAN HELP SOMEONE, THE BETTER FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED.

From the KJ auction description.

Obtained from a big time collector and just taken out of the display frame piece! Here's your chance to own a 1988-89 Phoenix Suns home game-used set (jersey and shorts) and the man with the quickest first step - Kevin Johnson # 7. Purchased back when the Suns used to play at the Fairgrounds, this is an extremely rare jersey set that I doubt you will ever see again. Jersey and shorts are made by MacGregor Sand-knit; both have tags "made for the Phoenix Suns";' both have everything sewn-on, and jersey is a size 44 with +2 extra length and the shorts are a size 34. Both were made in Berlin, WI.

Quote Originally Posted by dabadestalbo69 View Post
    sofasurfer has told me to post this on his behalf.

also, on the butler royals jersey, i bought a few jerseys from same person and was confused between the butler and glaus jersey purchased. i got the stories mixed up and inaccurately posted bulter royals wrong but fixed the auction.
    So, the Glaus jersey came from Billy Butler's neighbor? Or from Troy Glaus's neighbor? Either way he says the Glaus came from the guy that he got the Butler jersey from and that guy is not the neighbor of Butler nor Glaus.

???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

This whole thing about the Butler jersey is "whack," as the kids would say. The problem is--we don't know what we're buying -- even after we have bought it. We need "knowledgable" dealers to be more diligent than they have been at protecting us. Please, please, please. Legal help is worthless to me if I don't know what I am fighting about.

Dave Silverbrand
    Always looking for a womb with an ocean view

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I'm glad you got him to get the story straight. I tried, and he wasn't very nice to me.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    I would like to amend this statement, because I was wrong. I did contact him about the Butler, and he gave me the same story he gave you guys, but he was NOT rude, that was another ebayer during the same time frame.

It's not right to shovel the wrong dirt on the pile!

Ken

Be on the lookout for a lot of Olajuwon, Drexler, Thorpe, Maxwell, etc Game Used Rockets jerseys in the near future:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...pleted=1&all=1

By the way, the seller SofaSurfer also has had listed a GU bat for some time, signed by Robinson Cano with GU 2008 notation, which looks correct. However this is a Wilson Betemit bat, not mentioned in the title or description, so just a heads up.
    Item # 300582952954
    It looks like someone bought it recently for a BIN of $699 and then backed out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckFoPrez View Post
    Be on the lookout for a lot of Olajuwon, Drexler, Thorpe, Maxwell, etc Game Used Rockets jerseys in the near future:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...pleted=1&all=1
    And look what we have here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olajuwon-93-...-/330603323671

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olajuwon-93-...-/300588061337

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olajuwon-199...-/330600449384